Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, May 12, 2017

🐩

Hi friends! I got the Botox shots for my headaches yesterday. Thank you for praying for me. I am hopeful these will work to reduce my pain or JUST GET RID OF THE HEADACHES ALL TOGETHER!

I have something super fun to share with you! Our friend Jo has featured ME this week as the Blogger of the Week! 🐩🐩🐩 If you are not familiar with this newer blog of Jo's, you can check out the blog, Blogger of the Week RIGHT HERE. You can read the interview I gave, and see pictures of my projects as well. Scroll back and enjoy interviews with other stitchers as well. Thank you Jo for this super, cool, awesome blog! It is such a neat thing for you to do.

I have been stitching up autographs on my brother's overalls all week. Here are the 9 I got done.

I will see  my brother tomorrow at my mom's house. We are celebrating Mother's Day and it is her 70th birthday. I am going to ask him if he can figure out the last autographs I have to stitch. I can not decipher them at all. I want to finish this embroidery project SO BADLY and move on to my cross stitch again!!
I finished reading Medals in the Attic  by Cathy Elliot over a week ago. Have you read the Annie's Attic Mystery Series? I read the first book in the series, The Lady in the Attic, several years ago and truly enjoyed it. It involved cross stitch! I looked for another book by the same author and did not find it. I did not realize this series has a different author for each consecutive book. That is different, isn't it? So Medals in the Attic was a nice, small town, feel good mystery. I will read the next in the series. Just not yet. I happen to have a pile up of books that I ordered waiting for me at the library!! I hate it when they all come at once! Argh!

From anniesmysteries.com: "Every visit to the spacious attic of Grey Gables is a new adventure of discovery … as is the case one rainy afternoon when Annie and Boots (Gram’s irascible cat) once again start exploring the treasures hidden in dusty boxes and trunks. This time — at the bottom of a box in the corner — Annie finds a pair of service medals from World War II in perfect condition inside a beautiful hand-carved wooden case with a glass top.

This is very curious because her grandfather’s medals are on display in the living room downstairs … so who could these spectacular medals belong to? And why have they been hidden away in the attic for years?"

Thank you for stopping by today and sticking with me through all this non-cross stitch stuff. I appreciate that!! Have a super weekend. If you are a mom,
Image result for poodle happy mothers day

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

25 comments:

Christina said...

Continued prayers that you will be pain free of the headaches. Nice going on getting closer to the end of the signatures. Happy Mothers Day.

Barbara said...

I am praying so hard for these shots to free you of pain. God willing they will work. Your brother is so lucky to have a sister like you to do all this work for him.

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, I hope the shots help to reduce or eliminate your headaches. Good for you on getting more signatures embroidered. Thank you for the book recommendations you share! Have an enjoyable weekend!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Hang in there with the stitching, you are almost there! Prayers being sent (and will continue to be sent) for the shots to work. Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom, too. Blessings always sweet friend. ((hugs))

Carol said...

Sure hope that Botox does its magic, Vickie!

Enjoyed reading about you in the interview--so surprised to see that my blog was the one that inspired you to start your own. Thank you very much--always nice to know that I've inspired other stitchers :)

Hang in there with the signatures--just can't imagine tackling a project like that! And enjoy a wonderful birthday/Mother's Day tomorrow with your mom for her 70th! I'll be thinking of you as we celebrate my mom's 90th :)

Lili said...

I really hope that the medical treatment will work for you!
Lovely progress! Almost done!!

Happy weekend!

gracie said...

The autographs are looking Super! I am just heading over to read the interview?

Manuela said...

You are very busy. The autographs are looking good.
I follow the blog and now I will reading your interview.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for the shout out for the new blog. I am really enjoying running it!
The botox obviously worked from the look of the bottom photo of you and the dogs, you look very youthful if slightly retro...
Hope your Mum has a wonderful Birthday with you all.

Annie said...

I got confused. I left a comment on your last post and didn't see it. Bloglovin's interface seems to have changed and it went on Bloglovin, but not here.

Anyway, hope the shots start doing their magic!

Very cool interview and the signatures look great. You are really getting the hand of it now. But I hope the end of that comes soon too.

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful work and hope he can help you out. Also, fingers crossed the shots help!

Jenny said...

Oh Vickie....I have so enjoyed reading all about you on Jo's blog! I loved seeing your projects that you have finished and I am just so proud of you for trying to learn Russian! That is not an easy thing to do! I am on my way home from Radiation and this was just what I needed to relax! Have a good weekend my friend and Happy Mothers Day! Sending hugs and love and lots of prayers that these shots will HELP!

Barb said...

Have a wonderful day tomorrow with your Mom. Your stitching project is so interesting! What a nice thing to do for your brother. I hope the treatments result in no more headaches!!!!

butterfly said...

Congratulations Vickie.
Have a lovely Mothers day with your family and a fun weekend .

Margaret said...

Continued prayers that the botox works! You are a good sister, working so hard at this embroidery. Don't know how you are managing. Denim is tough stuff!

RJ said...

Vickie...I hope very soon you will be feeling well again. Headaches like that are very rough. You are in my prayers. You continue to make great progress on the signatures. I know how happy you will be when you come to the end.

Can't wait to read your interview on Jo's new blog. I'm headed over there right now. Have a blessed Mother's Day. RJ @ stitching friends forever 2

cucki said...

Great progress..so pretty..
Happy Mother's Day x

Kaisievic said...

Good luck with the Botox injections, my dear. I pray that they give you relief. Looks like you are nearly finished with the signatures - well done! Off to read Blogger of the Week now. hugs, Kaye

Pam in IL said...

You've made great progress on the embroidered autographs! Praying that the botox helps. Great interview on the Blogger of the Week!

Julie said...

Great stitching on the autographs, you have done lots.

Von said...

Praying always for you, my friend!

Brigitte said...

I do hope that the new series of Botox injections helped you a lot.
Wow, great progress on the autograph stitching.

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, what an extra special day for your Mom!
Still saying a prayer for your headaches, I hope the injections are helping.

Carolien said...

Dear Vickie,

I hope you will feel better by now!
Hugs and prayers, Carolien

Sok Sareth said...

I am praying so hard for these shots to free you of pain. God willing they will work. Your brother is so lucky to have a sister like you to do all this work for him.

ลาลีกา