Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, October 5, 2015

Here In Poodletown ;)

Hi friends!I have made progress on my Henry stitching, just not all done yet. Should be this week. My darn right wrist is still hurting. I found some hand exercises online. They seem to help actually. If you have wrist or hand pain from lots of stitching, you too can check out THIS LINK.

I need to force myself to get some autograph embroidery done for my brother's overalls. THAT is not going to help my wrist feel better!

Have you seen the October issue of Country Living magazine? I check this magazine out from our library, and this month's issue really caught my attention. The cover shows two cross stitched pumpkins! ha!
https://www.nextissue.com/wp-content/uploads/covers/clg-1443682800-225x300.jpg
Now I never thought of THAT! I read the directions. They used fake pumpkins. ;) You carve a hole in the bottom and use an awl to make your holes.

I finished the book, The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate in three days. It is a long book, but it was a great story. I checked The Photograph by Beverly Lewis out from the library. I have yet to be disappointed with one of her many, many books. I just need to find time for it.

I gave Miss Mabel a haircut. Isn't she a pretty, grey poodle? ♥


Here is another painting by Madeleine. Thank you for indulging me on this. I know I am a bit proud of her. ;)

Giving thanks acknowledges that our lives are not the products of our own efforts, but a gift from God. Give thanks always, for all things.

Have a blessed week my friends! Thank you for stopping by.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie
Image result for green bay packer poodle
Go Pack Go!

19 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Mabel looks gorgeous and your daughter is a gifted artist,you have every reason to be proud of her:)
I do hope the exercises you found help with your wrist pain.

gracie said...

Sorry your wrist is bothering you....take care not to over do. I love the painting. Madeline is indeed talented.

Justine said...

When you said stitched pumpkins...I didn't expect that! They look great. Madeleine is very talented indeed.

Barbara said...

Vickie Madeline is quite talented at painting. I really like the one you showed. The cross stitched pumpkins is a really different idea. Whoever thought of that has quite a creative mind and Miss Mabel always is beautiful.
Blessings

Carolien said...

Hello Vickie,

Thank you for this nice post. A great painting from Madeleine!
Mabel looks so good, she's a star ;)
Thanks for the link, I just tried the 'praying' one.
I hope your wrist will get better soon!

Have a blessed week too, dear friend! Carolien

Angela Tucker said...

LOL at Poodletown!! That could be the name of a Disney movie. LOL

Miss Mabel is looking quite spiffy! She is looking at you so intently...what a sweet girl.

I love Madeleine's painting. The colors are so dreamy. She has a gift, that is true.

Have a great week, Vickie!

gominam said...

Her paintings are a delight to see on your blog:) keep it up. Mabel just looks so adorable! Hope your wrist gets better soon so you can do that autograph embroidery, lol.

Annette-California said...

Another lovely painting of Madeline's! I'm behind on reading blogs. I was so surprised to see a stitched pumpkin - lol! That's a first!
Sorry to hear about your wrist. Glad you found some relief through those exercises. Good to know. Hope your wrist continues to improve.
love Annette

Hilda said...

It seems to get more and more trendy to stitch on every possible thing in cross stitch.
I already saw different pieces with stitched motivs on it - but no pumpkin up to know.
Looks great!

I really hope your wrest pain will heal very soon and you can do your stitchings without pain.

Such a sweet picture of Miss Mabel!

Hugs
Hilda

Sarah in Stitches said...

Your daughter's painting is amazing! You have every right to be a proud mama :D

Margaret said...

Wow! Madeleine is very talented! I love her painting -- so impressed! Love Mabel with her new haircut too -- she's such a pretty pup. What fun with those pumpkins! So will you be making some of your own?? I do get wrist pain once in a while, but I mainly have shoulder/arm problems, which is a pain. Hope your wrist improves and those exercises help!

Stitching Noni said...

So sorry to hear your wrist is painful... hopefully your exercise plan will help relieve the pain. Have you tried the wrist/hand support gloves - they may help too.
I love that painting... you have a very talented daughter :o)
And Mabel is just adorable!
Take care
hugs xx

Catherine said...

It's good catching up with you!! And you know I love that Packer Poodle!!

Catherine said...

It's good catching up with you!! And you know I love that Packer Poodle!!

Julie said...

Awww Mable does look so sweet.
Well done Madeleine, she is so talented.
Great pumpkin idea.

Carol said...

Ha ha--I was just looking at that issue with the stitched pumpkins at work at the library on Saturday. Too funny!

Love Madeleine's painting--I do hope she can turn her talent into a career in art :) Hope your wrist is improving each day, Vickie!

Maggee said...

Who can resist such a cute doggie? And Madeleine's next painting is gorgeous! Glad exercises help your wrist! Hugs!

Brigitte said...

I hope that your wrist is already feeling better.
Such a lovely painting by your talented daughter.

Christina said...

My feed reader is acting up again, so I am behind on your blog. Thanks for the link on wrist exercises. I have a lot of aches and pains through out my body from repetitive movement from my line of work. Hope your wrist feels better soon.