Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, September 21, 2015

Art By Madeleine

Hi friends! Not a lot of progress here this weekend. I stitched up half a dozen rows of Henry's body on Friday evening. Saturday morning I realized the color was too dark for him. I guess the light blue of the linen darkened it up. So I ripped all that out. The orts look like Henry's tight little curls.
After much decision, I have found the right colors and have begun stitching him again.

I completed the first embroidered autograph on Jonathan's denim overalls.
This is using 6 strands of 310 DMC. I will use less strands for many. This was a thick autograph. Not all are. Most are illegible. I started easy. Many are fading badly. I will have to get Jon to decipher most all of them. There are 31 autographs in total. o_0

This message is for Maija. I am unable to send you an email or post a comment to your blog for a few weeks now. I am sorry. I do not know why. Please know I appreciate you commenting here and value your friendship and prayers. I am praying for Kristiina.
 
Miss Madeleine is working on art. Always. She needs to have 10 art pieces completed in one month from now. A lot of pressure when you take Advanced Placement Art. Once she completes this class, she will have credit for one art course in college taken care of already. I took this picture of one of her pieces which of course is unfinished. I say of course, because she has a real problem with completing paintings. She gets them almost done, and then moves onto another. She is not currently working on this, but it is one of my favorites! Know who he is?
He is Art Garfunkel. :)

Have a super week! I am going to!

Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it.
Psalm 119:35

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


20 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow your daughter is talented!

Good luck with the signatures :-)

Christina said...

Looks like I not the only one the frog came to visit this weekend.:(~ Good luck with the rest of your embroidery. Wow, that is great even though it is not complete. My friend has the same problem with finishing his paintings too. Then he says he has a hard time going back to work on them because he is not in that space anymore.

Margaret said...

You have one talented daughter! Wonderful work of Art Garfunkel! I'm blown away by your wonderful work on your brother's signatures. Wow! No wonder it took you so long -- such detail -- it looks like it was hand written without any stitching done at all. Beautiful! I hope it gets easier as time goes on. You are a sweet sister. Good luck with Henry too -- hope you are happier with the new thread choice!

gracie said...

Love Madeline's art work...

Beth said...

Lucky you winning Victorian Motto's giveaway!

Unknown said...

Oh how annoying that you had to unravel again , which is always so annoying . I hope you find the perfect color . The painting by Madeleine is very professional , pretty impressive .
Greetings from the autumnal Germany
Sandra

Carol said...

What a huge project you've undertaken for your brother, Vickie!! Best of luck with the remaining signatures.

Madeleine is so talented! Do you think she would like to work in the art field as a career?

Carolien said...

Hello Vickie,

Good luck to Madeleine and her 'job'!
That picture of Mabel is too cute!!! Love it.

What I forgot to say in my earlier mail: yes, 2 daughters studying and 1 daughter teaching and working. The second one will be leaving the nest in 2 weeks, unbelievable ;)

Have a nice week! Bye, Carolien

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have a Henry in a Pot! How wonderful!
Congratulations on winning the giveaway, you'll have to ask for some Henry and Mabel colours next time.
Your daughter is a very talented artist too, you should tell her to start her own blog so we can admire her work there!

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Watching golf and stitching - frog visited numerous times!!! I purchased a beautiful landscape drawing- watercolor combo at an estate sale. Only after cleaning the glass and hanging it did we notice that one tree is only pencil sketched and never finished. It's grown on me a lot. I really like the skeletal look against the finished parts. Weird I know but maybe that drawing says something just as it is?

gominam said...

what a talented daughter you have! Super nice! Goodluck with the autograph embroidery, it looks tedious but you did a wonderful job:)

Angela Tucker said...

Good evening, Vickie. You are such a good sister. Smile.

Your daughter is very talented. Does she let you keep any of her pictures or are all of them taken to class? My son does quite a bit of art with watercolors and acrylics. Once in a while, he lets me have one that I can frame and hang. I love to be surrounded by family art...I can feel the love.

Have a great week!

FlashinScissors said...

Hello Vickie, I have just discovered your lovely blog and have just started following you via Blogger. What a talented daughter! How good you are to your son, to embroider all those autographs - so kind of you! I hope your little dog will feel better. I love that little envelope key fob and would love to stitch one some day soon. I look forward to reading more of your stitching stories on your fascinating blog in future.
Barbara xx

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your Madeline is a fabulous artist! I know what it is about Art. All. The. Time. Ellie is the same :)
You go on that embroidering autographs! That's going to be a fabulous project.

Annette-California said...

Madeline is a wonderful artist! I know you are so proud of her.
Your doing great embroidering those autographs. It's going to be a fabulous project. love Annette

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oh my goodness, your daughter is so talented! That painting looks amazing. Good luck with the autographs! :D

Brigitte said...

Madeleine's artwork is stunning. She is very talented.
Sorry you had to frog poor little Henry, but good that you have found the right colour for him now.

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a wonderful artist she is! blessings, marlene

Isabelle said...

Vickie, yur daughter is really a very talented artist : I'm so impressed !!
Greetings,
Isa

Julie said...

Wonderful artwork and well done on the autograph stitching.