Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Wonderful Surprise

Hi friends! Hello new friends! Glad you all stopped in. Still snowy and cold here. How is your weather?

I got a wonderful, unexpected gift yesterday. It came all the way from England, from our dear friend Mouse.
She made me a pretty pink stitcher's tray. Absolutely perfect fabric, isn't it?! And look at this!
Yes, it is Miss Mabel! My very first needle minder. =) I love it! Thank you so much Mouse.♥

I have been doing a bit of unstitching this week. So frustrating. I am trying to be so careful. I have completed all the DMC areas on the chart for Theotokos. I have begun using the woolen thread. I thought I would not like it, but I do. It gives fabulous coverage on this aida.
All of the olive green you see surrounding Mary thus far is the woolen thread.

I finished reading A Wilder Rose by Susan Wittig Albert. I liked it a lot. I just wish she did not feel the need to put in a few swear words. I read plenty of fiction that is not dull and the feelings and messages get across without cheapening it. So anyhow, that book got me interested in Laura Ingalls Wilder and Rose Wilder. I just listened to Little House In The Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I really enjoyed listening to it.Well, except for learning how to make head cheese. ;)  I am now listening to A Little House Sampler: A Collection Of Early Stories and Reminiscenses. It is very, very interesting. It is by Laura and Rose.

I did see the pain PA on Tuesday. I am now on Cymbalta too. I hesitated to even bring up the whole "pain thing" here, because I still don't know where it is going. I began Cymbalta on Tuesday. My pain is only a 1 or 2(or 3 after I use the treadmill. Yes, I am trying to get walking again. I can for 10 minutes at a time). That of course if fantastic. Problem is I have a headache for 3 days now. I am hoping it goes away during this adjustment period? What a trade off: low hip pain, new constant headache. And I did not say a word at the clinic to anyone about all the trouble I go through. I got a survey, done by an independent company, right before the appointment. I gave them terrible ratings on most everything. They asked if I wanted someone to contact me regarding the survey, I marked YES! I think this will be better. The office manager is in on the problem. I don't want the mess covered up, I would love to see the system fixed up!

Have fun stitching away the weekend my friends! Take good care of yourself. There is only one you!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

29 comments:

Margaret said...

A constant headache? That's not good! I hope it goes away or you can get the office to help you out. Love the gift from Mouse -- so perfect! And your WIP is looking great!

Mii Stitch said...

Adorable gift from Mouse :) Hope the headache go away. Take care xxx

stitchersanon said...

A beautiful tray from Mouse...lovely! Hope the pain is managed soon and it doesnt bring you down too much xx

Annette-California said...

Great gift from Mouse, love the Mabel needle minder. Hope all your pains go away. Prayers for you. Glad to hear you got to take the survey and I hope changes are made . Theotokos is looking like a beautiful painting. The wool looks beautiful. love Annette

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Such a lovely,thoughtful gift.
I,too hope you loose that headache

KimM said...

Oh my goodness - what a wonderful surprise from Mouse. Enjoy!

Carol said...

Oh, I do hope that headache is just temporary, Vickie. At least you are able to walk on your treadmill again and I'm sure that is a big relief.

That is a great gift from Mouse--the little Mabel needleminder is adorable! Lovely progress on Theotokos--glad you're enjoying stitching with the woolen thread :)

Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Mouse said...

so pleased it arrived safely and you love it :) and the wee needleminder is just perfect for you isn't it ...lol
sorry about the headache pain hopefully that will sort it self out soon :) love mouse xxxxx

Ranae said...

What a lovely gift from Mouse, she is such a sweetie
Hope you get feeling better
Take care

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous stitching present from Mouse. I hope that the pain relief works.

Maggee said...

I had been having a constant headache, but noticed this Thursday I did not anymore. It was stress at work. I am somewhat calmed now. I hope the initial phase of trying a new medication is causing the headache and that it goes away--NOW! Hugs and Prayers to you! (oh-, LOVE the tray by Mouse!)

Anne said...

What a wonderful gift from Mouse. She is quite the little sewer!! I can't believe she found that needleminder! It's perfect for you!! Lovely progress on the Theotokis. I'm glad the pain is lessened but not the headaches now...sigh. Praying for you as always. xoxo

moreofhim said...

What a beautiful tray and poodle! Such a sweet gift! I love your project and I'm so glad that your pain is lower. I am praying for that your headache will disappear...that's so hard to have the trade-off. :(

Have a blessed Sunday - Julie

Sally said...

What a lovely gift from Mouse. Just perfect for you.

Glad your pain is lowered but sorry to hear about the headache.

Your WIP is coming along well.

butterfly said...

Lovely gift from sweet mouse she is a sweetie , pretty in Pink.
Love your stitching Looks wonderful.
Poor you not more pain sorry I think you have had your fair share now , you are going on top of my prayer list hugs.

Lumiruusu said...

Hello Vickie!

We have still very ,very cold -25C last night and it will be same this night too. But do not worry we very nice and warm in our wooden house. These is a large fireplace on our livingroom and the stone oven in the kitchen. We have very warm and cosy inside the house -no need for any axtra clothes..I am writing this wearing a T-shirt and leggins.

I am sorry for the headache. For me cymbalta with Lyrica has helped very much my constan pain after facial surgery..

Myra said...

What a wonderful gift from Mouse. I love that tray. I am glad to hear you are getting some relief from your pain and hope someone will contact you about the problems with the personnel.

Michelle said...

I hope the headache improves for you my friend. Thinking of you xx

Julie said...

Very pretty gift from Mouse, how lovely.
I hope the headaches ease for you and you are soon feeling helped by the meds.

Andrea said...

A wonderful gift from Mouse. The needleminder is just perfect!

Varla Lee said...

Oh Vickie, that "icon" is wonderful!
A big warm hug!

EvalinaMaria said...

Congrats on the lovely gift.

Our weather is amazing! It is the warmest winter since I came north.

Catherine said...

Adorable gift! Hope that you have adjusted to the meds and the headaches are gone!

Chris said...

What a lovely surprise from Mouse!
I love your stitching progress too.
I hope that the adjustment goes smoothly and that you improve every day!
Hugs!!!

Lillie said...

Lovely gift and it's pink! Very thoughtful gift and an adorable needle minder too. You take care too my friend.

Brigitte said...

So nice, this lovely gift from mouse. I love these trays a lot and have made several myself. They make wonderful gifts.
Great progress on your stitching.
So sorry to hear about your headache. Maybe it's only until you are used to that new medication. I really hope so.

Melanie said...

What a wonderful gift! That poodle!! And so much pink!!!

I still have my original set of Little House books from when I was a kid. (Printed in 1971.) I CHERISH them and hope to keep them forever. :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The needleminder couldn't be more apt. I'm with you regarding swearing in books - it's so redundant and does nothing for the story.

Stitching Noni said...

Oh my goodness, a constant headache, that is not good.... I do hope that things have settled down now for you
I love your stitching tray and needle reminder - just gorgeous :)
Hugs x