Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, April 13, 2012

How about a pretty, pink post with a pretty, pink finish?

Good morning everyone!
YOU are a real piece of work!  Yes, YOU!
 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10   ♥ ;) ♥

So this is the view nowadays outside my bedroom window.
You can see my pink pansies, so happy in our window planter.  My neighbors own this lovely tree.♥

French freebie stitched on 28 ct white evenweave

second poodle bottle cap magnet finish ♥
So I found this cute toy poodle here.  I knew right away that I would use it for another bottle cap magnet.  I started with the black and stitched it all up using 2 strands.  Also did the dark pink color in 2 strands.  I was thinking that this would give it a real fullness.  When I began stitching the pink with 2, it was becoming really distorted. Yuck!  I frogged it and stitched the pink one over one.  I wouldn't do it that way again, but it seems fine.  It seems to make it cartoonish or something.  Whatever!  It is just a magnet.

stitching and praying,
Vickie

15 comments:

Krista said...

What a lovely view, perfectly pink! That is a very cute poodle stitch and great pink figurine! Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

The view is so wonderfull! An inspiration for works like the cute poodle!
Have a nice weekend!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful view and so appropriate it being pink lol.
I love your little magnet and the poodle is so cute.
Another lovely finish Vickie :)

Unknown said...

it's so cute....
ciao Pat

butterfly said...

What a beautiful pink tree and I love your stitching.
I love Pink.

Shirlee said...

Your little poodles are so cute! Our outside looked like yours just 2 or 3 weeks ago. Now we've had almost a week of heavy frosts & just about everything that was looking so beautiful is now burned beyond recognition : ( I hope it all comes back.

Maggie said...

What a lovely view you have outside your window!

Theresa said...

I think it is a very cute magnet!!! How fun!!

Carol said...

Aww...what an adorable poodle, Vickie! Very sweet with your pink poodle figurine, too :) Lots of pink this time of year, that's for sure!

Myra said...

Pretty in pink! That little poodle is just too cute.

Margaret said...

Oh my! I love your little poodle -- sooooo cute! Love your Christians Rejoice piece too!

Siobhán said...

What a pretty pink post! :) I love this time of year with all the blooming flowers and the pretty pink cherry trees.

Cute little poodle stitch!

Sally said...

Lots of lovely pink Vickie :) That tree is just gorgeous and your pansies. I have a weeping cherry blossom in my front garden and I'm amazed at how long the blossom is actually staying on. We usually get strong winds no sooner has it blossomed and they get blown off.

Cute magnet:)

Anne said...

Super cute magnet you made Vickie! I love it!!

Penny said...

What a pretty view outside of your window! Love the little poodle magnet - so cute! :)