Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, March 22, 2024

MARCH!!

Hi friends! I am still here. I am currently suffering whiplash. 😩 Yes. Again. You may recall I had whiplash back in 2018. I drove with my MIL and suffered with horrid neck pain for two months! I went to PT back then and received exercises and deep massage. This time I pulled out those exercises and started them right away. I am also using ibuprofen daily. This hurts! I get whiplash easier I believe because of that cortisone shot I got in my neck that went wrong in 2016. The nerve is permanently damaged.

What stinks is that I am working on a punch needle project for our State Fair. The State Fair finally opened up punch needle as a category this year and I really want to enter and win! 😁 My Mom bought me a wonderful punch needle book about 10 years ago. This is it.

The project you see on the front cover IS what I have begun! I have never done miniature punch needle. I had to buy a new punch needle. The needle is the width of a large needle you get an injection with from the doctor or nurse! Very small! Very time consuming. 😵 I am NOT doing my pansies in these colors however. That also took me a looooong time to figure out the colors, let me tell you!! I am doing pastel pinks and lavenders. 😁 I am really, really restricting how long I work on the project. I only allow myself to punch one thread, then I get up and do something else. Pain is not fun.

Here is my 🍀March Corner Shelf🍀

☘️Irish Flossie☘️ I made this cute, little flat ornament to hang from my corner shelf.

 I thought Flossie's nice red coat would look cute with green bows. I stitched her up with GA and DMC on 28ct pale green evenweave, two over two.

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Emerson has the frame for my God Bless America Sampler right now. It is a barn wood frame. He will cut it to the perfect size for me. I will make him a nice dinner and dessert. When I get that back and framed I will show you.

It is snowing here today. We have about three inches on the ground so far this morning. 

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friends. If you have stopped by today, thank you. If you are leaving me a comment, bless you! I know I am very sporadic in posting nowadays. Thank you for hanging in there with me. Take care my friends. Until next time!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie












10 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry about the whiplash, Vickie--it sounds very painful, indeed. Hopefully, the exercises and ibuprofen will at least make it manageable. Love the pansy project you're punch needling! I have never tried punchneedle at all, but always wanted to. I look forward to watching this grow. Love your March shelves and especially Flossie doing the little Irish jig :) Take care now... Hope the pain subsides very quickly this time! ♥

Marilyn said...

I'm so sorry you have whiplash, I hope it subsides soon.
Your March displays are so pretty, & Irish Flossy is a hoot!
We had about 4" of the white stuff too.
I like snow, but I'm done with Winter, I want snow at Christmas, not Easter!
Take care.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful punch needle project you are working on, Vickie! I can't wait to see your progress with your chosen colors. I am sorry you are dealing with whiplash again. I will specifically pray for that as I pray for you. Your March corner shelf looks fabulous. Have a peaceful weekend, my friend!

diamondc said...

Vickie: I am so sorry you are in pain again, happy you started to do home therapy, its so sad that the 2016 needle hurt you.
Love your Iris display, oh my goodness, I have never done punch needle, please share your progress with us and I hope you win grand Champion at the State Fair.
Love the stitched design of Flossie, so cute, looks like she is doing and Irish jig.
I am wondering if the Theotokos framed piece is s stitched design?
Love the photo of you and Flossie so sweet.

Catherine☘️

Purple Pixie Dust said...

vickie I hope you get better soon and out of pain. I hope you can do your needle work and enter it in the fair. Love the colors you picked. Flossie is so cute and I love the last picture of you and your puppy. Big hugs and prayers to get better soon. Lynda Ruth

marly said...

Not again!! Because of my neck's condition, any sudden jolt could be dangerous, I got an inflatable brace for car rides. I use at home when needed too. Cheap, easy to use, I had my chiro instruct how high it should be for riding, tension release, and for gentle stretching. Even the slightest fill offers support. Doesn't cure anything, more for comfort, and gives a little extra protection with the car's head rest. Hope your therapy shortens your healing.

butterfly said...

Sorry to hear you neck is hurting again.
Love the March decor and your new design.
Have a lovely Easter week hugs June.

liferecipes said...

I am so sorry about the whiplash! I was rear ended twice in five months many years ago. It ended my swimming. Alas. I cannot bear the water pressure on my neck anymore despite all the months of PT, muscle relaxers, etc. My hairdresser joked that he could not find the bullseye target that seemed to come and go on the back of my head. On the second accident I wasn't even driving. Both times, the drivers had plenty of time to stop. I knew I had to be forgiving so that I could go on living a happy life. Here is to a wonderful recovery to you! Several years after the accidents, we moved to a small town in a northern town with no indoor swimming pool and in outdoor pool either. So, I really would not be able to enjoy my early morning swims anyway! Ha! My life as a retired teacher is so filled with joy as I quilt and quilt and enjoy life with my husband and family and community. I so love cross stitch, too!

MartinaM said...

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good, I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery from the bottom of my heart.
Good luck with the Punch Needle.
Your corner shelf looks great and your little flossie ornament is cute.
Take good care of yourself,

Martina

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
it sounds not good with your pain. I hope it will be better very soon.
Have fun to make Punch Needle.
Your corner shelf is beautitful as always.
A lovely photo from you.
Have a nice day, Manuela