Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, April 24, 2023

💗Eliza’s French Birds 1849💗

 Hi friends! I never shared with you my sweet crocheted bunny🐇 and Easter card from our friend Martina Thank you once again Martina! This is a very welcome addition to the corner shelf. So precious and perfect!

💗💕💗💕💗💕💗💕💗💕💗

I did finish💗Eliza’s French Birds 1849💗by Judy Whitman. I enjoyed every stitch on this.


I stitched mine with all the called for flosses on 36ct Iced Cappuccino linen. I found a lovely frame at HomeGoods. I gave it to Emerson to cut to size. I got the frame back over the weekend. 😁 I will work on that this week.

💗💚💗💚💗💚💗💚💗💚💗

Our Lasting Friendship by Blackbird Designs. 

This is my friend Kathy's sampler. Eight of us in our local cross stitch group are doing a round robin with this pattern. I have now completed the "May" stitching on this/Kathy's sampler.

🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕

💗Redwork Pears💗 by my friend Annie of  Annie Beez Folk Art. This is the second pear pattern I stitched from the set, only this one I did not finish into a pear like I did the first one. This time I made a tree. 

I stitched this one over two on 35ct WDW Sophia's Pink linen with this gorgeous pink silk floss from my friend Margo.💕 

I have a large collection of antique wooden spools for all sorts of fun.

💗🌲💗🌲💗🌲💗🌲💗🌲💗

📚Yes! JUST YES! If you are a Kate Morton fan, you know. I recommend all of her books. This one does not disappoint. It is a BIG BOOK, at 544 pages, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!

But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious,

Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.  Psalm 86:15

Thank you for stopping by today my friends! I am glad you still visit and leave comments with me. I appreciate your friendship and respond to every one of your comments. Please be sure to have an email that I can reply to though. 💗

Have a wonderful day!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Cute crocheted bunny! Your stitching looks fantastic, Vickie. Glad you found a frame and Emerson is able to cut it down for you. Have a wonderful week!

Carol said...

How nice to have a carpenter son who can cut down your frames, Vickie! I hope to get my husband to give it a try when his shoulder heals fully. Your pink birds finish is lovely as is the little pear tree. How nice to have a collection of wooden spools to use in your finishing. Enjoy this last week of April ♥

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Eliza stitch looks amazing, Vickie and I adore the redwork pear/ tree. Great idea on using the wooden spool for finishing. Have a great week.

Marilyn said...

Eliza's Birds turned out so pretty.
Can't wait to see it framed.
Cute tree finish.
Marilyn

MartinaM said...

I'm glad you like my card, you can also detach the little bunny and then hang it on branches.
The pattern is beautiful, the colors harmonize perfectly. And the sampler is also growing, wonderful.
Your pink collection is growing more and more, you succeeded perfectly with the little tree.
Oh yeah, Kate Morton's books are my favorites too, I've read the German ones and listened to them on audio, she writes great.
Have a good time,
Hugs Martina

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
a lovely little Easter card arrived from Martina.
Your Eliza Birds looks great. I'm looking forward to the frame.
The next part of the round robin is beautiful.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That bunny is adorable!
Eliza's Birds are lovely too, I can see why you were drawn to them too.
Lovely work on the RR Sampler, such lovely memories to stitch into your friend's piece.

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: Martinas bunny is adorable, French Birds is beautiful, I think all of Blackbird designs are beautiful, you have made wonderful progress.
I think the tree is adorable and in pink perfect color for spring.
Kate Morton is a great writer.

Catherine

gracie said...

Oh my the stitching is wonderful as usual. the Eliza Birds is beautiful. Hope all is well in your corner of the world.....