Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, October 18, 2021

Toby

 Hi friends! I have been busy stitching, it just has been gift stitching, so it has been secretive! This is Toby.

He is my best friend Heather's little dog. I have had this French freebie printed off and saved in my "to be stitched" pile for years for Heather! 😳Shameful, I know. I finally told myself, "THIS IS THE YEAR!" 

I stitched it for her birthday. It was a surprise gift. 😁I am happy to say, she was overjoyed to receive this.💖 I truly wish I had the link to the freebie for you my friends. The link is not on my printed page, and I no longer remember where I got it. 

Stitched two over two on 32ct red Belfast linen with DMC

I have since stitched Emerson's Christmas ornament and Brian's too! I am now working on the finishing for Emerson's. Next up is stitching Madeleine's ornament. 

📚Okay friends! THIS AND BOOK ONE are my favorite books of the year❣️ I highly recommend LISTENING to them! Elizabeth, Joyce, Ron and Ibrahim make up the Thursday Murder Club. What a bunch of characters they are!😂 They are senior citizens who live in a posh retirement village and enjoy figuring out real-life murder cases. Joyce is truly my favorite. I struggled with telling you more. I held back. I will not wreck it for you. TOO fun! Just read it. You won't regret it.

I decided I had reached my limit with my EXCRUIATING migraine when it had reached ONE MONTH WITHOUT ONE DAY OF EVER BREAKING. I had gone to urgent care over three weeks ago. The doctor there put me on methylprednisone and gave me a shot of toridol. It did not do much of anything. I was advised by my gynecologist that if it just gets too bad, go right to the hospital's emergency room. They have much better drugs there. So Brian and I went there last week Monday. Sad to say, they gave me IV medications and were only able to knock the migraine down to half. What the heck??

I called my neurologist's nurse and told her I was not willing to wait until my December appointment to talk about the possibility of me going on the injectable migraine medications, as the nurse and the doctor had suggested I wait to do. I wanted to pursue going on them with insurance NOW. The steroids were doing nothing for me. She told the doctor. She got back to me. He tapered me off the steroid very quickly. He put me on Indomethacin, a NSAID, that I noticed in the paperwork reduces inflammation or heat. I am totally suffering from internal body heat during this menopause. It is helping me so far. He also got me the prescription for injectable Emgality. I gave myself the initial two injections in my thigh last Tuesday. They did bring my migraine down to a 1 by the next morning, BUT we have rain here almost every day this season. My head is affected by, you guessed it, rain and humidity! I can't win. So the Indomethacin and the shots work together for me it seems. And my Topomax. And if it gets real bad, take Naratriptan! I cannot wait til menopause is over!!!! At least then I will be done with hormonal migraines. My gynecologist said that my be another four years worst case scenario though. 😭😩The neurologist does not ever think I will be rid of the migraines caused by the incorrectly given steroid facet injection in 2016. The good news is that today my pain is a 1.

I am afflicted very much; Revive me, O Lord, according to Your word. 119:107

I do hope you have a blessed week my friends. Thank you once again for stopping by. Take care now.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





10 comments:

Vicki said...

Such a sweet gift! So sorry for your pain. Glad the switch in meds is helping somewhat.

Carol said...

I'm glad you are still able to stitch even with the migraines, Vickie, and do hope the medication switch is going to help totally in time. As for the menopause process being over in four years--ha! I'm almost 67 and have been dealing with hot flashes for 35 years. Yes, 35 years. Just when I think they are gone, they reappear :( Do take care now! ♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

Such a sweet gift and a great rendering of Toby!

I'm so sorry you continue to have such painful migraines. I'm not sure how old you are I was told the average age of menopause is 51. I was 53. I hope yours comes on fast!

Manuela said...

A wonderful finish and a lovely little gift forr your friend.
Schön, zu hören, dass die Spritze geholfen hat und die Migräne nicht mehr ganz so stark ist. Ich drücke dir die Daumen, dass deine hormonellen Schwankung bald vorbei sind.
Big Hugs, Manuela

diamondc said...

Vickie: He is adorable and the finishing is beautiful, you do such lovely finishing on your projects.

Catherine

Stasi said...

What a cute ornament; I'm sure your friend will love it! Hope you can get your migraines under control sooner rather than later.

Robin in Virginia said...

What an adorable Toby ornament you created for your friend! I am glad you are getting some relief from your migraine, Vickie. Continuing to prayer for you.

gracie said...

Love your sweet gift for your friend. Not knowing where to find a pattern from internet has happened to me often. Now I immediate;y write on the copy who what and where. My dear friend I am so sorry you are having such headaches. Keeping you in my thoughts....

Barb said...

That is such a cute gift Vickie! I am so sorry to hear how much you suffer. The Imitrex helps my daughter but we both worry that one day it won't!! I will be sure to get the books. You always give such wonderful book ideas! I will keep you in my prayers and pray that you will be feeling better very soon!

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, little stitched Toby is adorable! No surprise she was thrilled to receive it.
I added this book, but I'm on the waitlist.
I'm so sorry to hear about your continued migraines, but glad you've found some new relief. Darn weather though! I've started with hot flashes too and what a pain they are. I wake up with headaches every now and then, I think it happens when I'm too hot in bed. Having the windows open seems to help.
Prayers for your continued health.