Calendar Poodle SAL

Sunday, October 24, 2021

🤎Quaker Acorn by The Workbasket🤎

 Hi friends! I finished the autumn piece I was working on. Quaker Acorn by The Workbasket🤎

I have had this freebie in my stash for years. I started it last year and stopped and set it aside for this year to finish when I needed to begin Christmas stitching last year. I am very glad to have completely finished it❣️ 


This is stuffed with wood shavings. I will only use wood shavings if I have backed both my linen and the backing fabric with interfacing. That way the wood shavings stay put, and do not work their way out. This is stitched two over two on 28ct raw linen with WDW Havana and Palomino. It is not perfect, but as good as it is going to get, since I stitched it and finished it while enduring a horrible migraine that goes on and on.

I am fitting one more small autumn stitch in. I hope I do not regret it with my Christmas stitching schedule. 😬 Are you stitching autumn or Christmas right now?

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  2Corinthians 12:9

Have a wonderful week my friends! Thank you for stopping by. I am very glad you did. Have a super week! And you know what? Make someone smile today. 😊

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





11 comments:

MartinaM said...

I love your Quaker Acorn, and such a great finsih, a very special piece of decoration.
I'm currently working on a Santa, that's a big deal and I hope to get it ready by Christmas.
Enjoy your week, Martina

Marilyn said...

Quaker Acorn is too cute!
I came across that pattern last week & I too wonder why I've never stitched it.
Hope your Migraine subsides soon.
Mairlyn

diamondc said...

Vickie: It is a beautiful acorn, I have some Workbasket designs, I should pull them out soon, there is a squirrel that I want to stitch.

Have a lovely week.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Acorn piece is adorable. I have had that in the ever growing free chart pile as well. Maybe 2022 will be its year! Have a good day!

Georgia said...

I sincerely hope you are feeling better my friend. I don't usually stitch halloween, but am currently working on a cute halloween design by Hands on Designs. I have some Christmas ornaments to finish (October, November, & Dec) for Carol's 12 in 21 SAL. I hope to have them all done by Thanksgiving. Then I can focus on the really important stitching that I have to do (A wedding next April) I am finishing a sampler my daughter started years ago, but I am not sure how to finish it. Planning on giving it as a shower gift from my daughter and I. Please remember you are on my heart and in my prayers my friend & many blessings to you and yours:)

butterfly said...

A sweet Autumn stitch .
Enjoy a lovely week hugs June.

Manuela said...

A lovely little autumn stitching and a great finish.
My Christmas stitching for this year is finish. Now I' m stitching on my block nr. 7 from the Songbird Garden Series.
Have a nice stitching week. Manuela

Barb said...

Vickie, your acorn is so pretty. I am sort of doing both right now. As I finish Fall things I will start a Christmas sampler.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That acorn is fabulous and looks great on your crystal door knob.
I'm stitching Halloween for Dark October of course! Next month I'll catch up on some of my 12 Days of Christmas stitching.

Carol said...

It turned out great, Vickie! Not sure I would be up to doing anything other than lying in a dark room if I had a migraine. Is it any better by now?

Astrids dragon said...

A lovely acorn, I think you finished it beautifully.
I should be starting Christmas, but should finish my Thanksgiving piece from last year first!