Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, August 2, 2021

Stamp Sumo

 Hi friends!

I received these FANTASTIC 🐩 NEEDLE MINDERS from my Instagram friend named Katrina as a thank you gift for the Liberty and Justice poodle pattern that I designed and gifted to her.

Saturday was Madeleine's birthday. This is a little gift I stitched up for her. Not the greatest picture, but it will do. This is "Stamp Sumo" by Blue-Blossoms. 

The second picture you will see how the pattern is sold. 

I changed the pattern to look like one of Madeleine's favorite wrestlers. I say ONE. She has several. 😉 Yes, her and Daddy are Sumo fans. I would say Madeleine is a Sumo fanatic however! I stitched this two over two on 32ct white linen with most of the called for DMC.

I do have the July Ric Rac Row stitching done. I am working on the final finishing.

“We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.” Isaiah 53:6

Take good care of yourselves my friends. Sadly, this virus is still a real threat.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





10 comments:

Vicki said...

What a sweet present!

butterfly said...

What a lovely gift to a lovely lady .
Love your stitch for your daughter what fun.
Enjoy your new week hugs .

Manuela said...

Hi Vickie,
a wonderful gift for Madleine. Happy Birthday to her.
The needleminder are a perfect gift for you.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the Sumo wrestler you stitched, Vickie! I bet Madeleine was thrilled. Precious needle minders you were given!

diamondc said...

Vickie: This is an adorable design, Mike lived in Japan and went to see many Sumo competitions.
Beautiful Scripture.

Catherine

Ele said...

what a funny and sweet gift for your daughter, I am sure she loved it!
have a lovely day

MartinaM said...

The Needleminders are so cute, and they are a perfect match for you.
And I also like Madeleine's present very much.
Enjoy your week, Martina

Carol said...

I had to laugh when I read your description of Madeleine as a sumo fanatic. That makes me smile and I'm sure she loved your little stitched sumo wrestler. Will you stitch her other favorites? The needle minders are perfect for a poodle lover like you--enjoy, Vickie! ♥

gracie said...

Happy birthday Madeline. Great gifts you received and stitched the one for Madeline. Yes, the virus seems to not want to go away. Stay well....

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The needleminders are perfect for you!
The sumo wrestler is so funny too, what a nice gift for your daughter.