Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Olympic Stitching

 Hi friends!

💖🤍💙I finally finished July Rick Rac Row by Pine Mountain Designs! 

This was stitched one over two on 36 count white linen with DMC. The only color I changed was for the curtain. It was supposed to be green, and I stitched it super pale pink. I don't even think you can tell. So glad to be caught up once again.

When I spotted this freebie by @nonstopnon  I knew I would stitch it! 

Did you see the opening ceremonies of the Olympics with the well done human pictogram performance?! I loved it! 💙If you missed it, you should check it out. It is very clever. You can see it HERE I stitched this up to remember that, and this very different Olympics. What is your favorite part of this Olympics? I always, always enjoy the gymnastics, but this year my favorite event was the Artistic Swimming. The Russians winning the gold. It was awesome! I tried to post the video, it won't allow it. It says YOU have to go to YouTube yourself. Sorry. 

 And my other favorite moment? It made me cry. I was also going to post that video, and cannot. It is when 14 year old Chinese Quan Hongchan produced one of the great diving displays in Olympic history in the women's platform final, scoring 10s on every dive. She scored multiple PERFECT dives!

I hope you are enjoying the Olympics too! Have a fantastic weekend my friends!

“The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings."  Jeremiah 17: 9-10

Stitching and praying,

Vickie







12 comments:

MartinaM said...

I love your July finish, maybe you will soon be able to show everyone that you have already finished, is definitely a great picture.
Your Olympic motif has also turned out great.
Yes, I've seen a lot from the Olympics, it's always exciting.
Have a nice weekend, Martina

butterfly said...

Great finish , and lovely Olympic stitch .
Yes we are also enjoying watching all the sports.
Have a fun Friday.

Manuela said...

I like your newest finish from your little square series. Lovely little olympic stitching
I don't watch Olympic, but my daughter watch a lot of the games.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Stasi said...

The July finish is adorable..love all the fabric coordination!
Finally got the Olympic piece printed out and plan to get to work on that today. Have a good weekend!

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of your finishes are beauties, Vickie! I love how you finished the monthly piece.

Mary said...

YOur finish is very sweet and great coordinating fabrics. I don't have tv so no Olympic watching here.

Carol said...

Your July finishes are both so cute, Vickie--really love the Pine Mountain one. I used to enjoy watching the Olympics, but not this year for some reason. Glad you're enjoying them, though, and getting some stitching time in at the same time :)

diamondc said...

Vickie: What a beautiful design, I did see the opening of the Olympics, I loved the way they did the Pictograms, it is a lovely design you stitched,
I also love the drones that were flying in the shape of the earth and the countries that were shaped by the drones, amazing.
I love the gymnastics and wrestling, it is amazing how many medals were won from Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Catherine

Barb said...

I am finally able to post again, no computer for several days!! I love all the stitching you have been up to! I hope your Aunt Katy is doing well!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Vickie, I've caught up on your recent posts. You've had a couple of beautiful finishes. I love the monthly ric rac designs that you are stitching. Your new needle minders are perfect for you.
I was sorry to read that your aunt Patsy had died, may she rest in peace. How is your aunt Kathy keeping these days?
Have a good week.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Did you manage to get all the RicRac Row charts?
Love the stitching pictogram design. I didn't watch any of the Olympics but if there was a stitching event I would have tuned in!

Meari said...

Great finish with your Pine Mountain Design! I watched the Olympics, too. My favorite parts of the games are the Opening/Closing Ceremonies, gymnastics, and swimming. I wasn't a fan of the opening/closing ceremonies this year, though.