Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, October 29, 2018

Carpenter🔨

Hi friends! Remember the Christmas ornament I stitched for Emerson at the beginning of September?I finally fully finished it this weekend.
This was stitched two over two with the called for DMC on mystery 29 count linen.
This is from 501 Cross Stitch Designs by Sam Hawkins. When I thought about finishing it, I realized I had the perfect fabric in my stash. I had it for years and never used it. I just bought it because I like it so much!😊
I finished stitching my mom's angel. I will share that with you once I have it fully finished. I am trying to motivate myself here!!🤨Let's see if it works!

I also am stitching the November poodle. I have to! It has to be done AND CHARTED BY NOVEMBER 1ST!!🐩

Our friend Marly sent me these two pretty pink antique linen hand towels. I plan to use them in crafting.  Thank you Marly!

Have any of you read The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes? I liked the historical fiction part. Not as much the part of the book that took part in today's time.
Paris, World War I. Sophie Lefèvre must keep her family safe while her adored husband, Édouard, fights at the front. When their town falls to the Germans, Sophie is forced to serve them every evening at her hotel. From the moment the new Kommandant sets eyes on Sophie’s portrait—painted by her artist husband—a dangerous obsession is born. 
 
Almost a century later in London, Sophie’s portrait hangs in the home of Liv Halston, a wedding gift from her young husband before his sudden death. After a chance encounter reveals the portrait’s true worth, a battle begins over its troubled history and Liv’s world is turned upside all over again.

I am so glad you stopped by today. I hope you have a wonderful week. 

"‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’" -Jeremiah 29:11

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

24 comments:

Vicki said...

What a great finish, the fabric is perfect! I like the way you displayed it on the ladder - very clever.

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Vickie. I love the design.

Linda

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

What a great finish! :) Looking forward to the Nov poodle. :)

Carol said...

What a perfect fabric for that ornament for Emerson, Vickie! Did you buy it even before you knew he was going to be a carpenter? And that was so sweet of Marly to send you the pretty pink hand towels--I'm sure you'll find something very special for them :)

butterfly said...


Love your finish and a wonderful match with the fabric .
What pretty pink hand towels from Marly .
Have a fun week.

Andrea said...

A wonderful finish. The fabric is perfect.

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the ornament for Emerson! The fabric for it is just right. Well done, Vickie!

gracie said...

A perfect finish for the Carpenter! Looking forward to the November poodle.....

RJ said...

I love the stitch that you did for Emerson. It is perfect for him Vickie. Looking forward to seeing your angel finished too. The linens that were sent to you from Marly are gorgeous. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Barb said...

What a perfect stitch for your son!! I agree, that is the ideal fabric for the design, The book sounds interesting.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
wonderful little ornament and the fabric from your stash is great.
Hugs, Manuela

Marilyn said...

Great ornament for the Carpenter!
Pretty towels!
Marilyn

Julie said...

The perfect fabric for the backing, its fabulous.
Marley sent a pretty gift.
I've not read that book, but its on my shelf for a 'one day' read

Mary said...

I love this finish Vickie, it could not be more perfect for Emerson. Such pretty towels you were gifted. Your love of pink is know far and wide!

Carolien said...

Hi dear Vickie,

Sorry, must tell you again: that ornament is TOP :)
I look forward to the next show and tell. Mmmm, I want to stitch too LOL

Have a good week & hugs, Carolien

Penny said...

I love your finish, Vickie! That is most definitely the perfect fabric for it! Marly has such a kind heart - those antique hand towels are just beautiful and perfect for you! And I haven't read the JoJo Moyes book, but the Playtime Poodles brought a smile to my face. : )

Astrids dragon said...

Fabulous finish, I love the way you displayed it! And yes, that's the perfect fabric for it.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the lovely towels Marly gave you.

Margaret said...

The pillow is perfect -- fabric for the finishing included! And it's perfect for Emerson too! Lovely gift from Marly -- she's such a thoughtful and generous soul, as we all know. I have read some of JoJo Moyes' books, but not that one. Thanks. I was needing a new book to read.

Lili said...

The ornament is beautiful, Vickie! The fabric is just perfect!!
Waiting for see your angel!

Beth said...

Perfect fabric backing for your ornament Vickie!

rosey175 said...

WONDERFUL TOWELS! I love vintage linens and have to stop myself from buying them all haha.

That's great fabric for the carpenter stitch too. I randomly buy remnants just because I like the design. Nice old ladder too!

Brigitte said...

Oh, so lovely this ornament for your carpenter son.

moreofhim said...

Beautiful ornament for your son, Vickie! I would love to make something like that for my son. I may have to design one to paint for him. I know your son will treasure this- it's so special.

Blessings - Julie

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful Ornie and the perfect backing fabric too.