Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, October 15, 2018

🐦🐦🐦

Hi friends! I want to thank you so much for leaving caring messages on my last post about Scott. That means so very much to me and especially to Jenny. She will eventually see those messages and she will be so comforted by your loving words and your prayers. Thank you!❤️

I have a finish to share with you. Another one for the cubby shelf. It is a free pattern that was offered earlier this year on the Atelier Soed Idee website, but I no longer see it there. I am sorry about that. This is why I print off free patterns right away if I know I am planning to stitch them. Do you also print them off?

I was drawn to this free pattern because I feed the birds outside our kitchen window every morning. We only get sparrows and house finches here at the apartment, but I have found joy in my little visitors. If they run out of seed, they look in at me!👀
I changed every single color on this. I wanted it to look like me.😉That required adding some hair! The lady was bald! Also, you know there had to be pink!! I used VMSS The Perfect Rose for the House Finches. I like it a lot!
As I type this up, they are on the window sill eating once again. I have tried to get decent pictures several times. It is so hard through the window and screen and they scare off easily when I am standing there taking the picture.

This is stitched one over one on 25ct Bo Peep Pink Zweigart Lugana with VMSS and DMC.
If you want to see the current free patterns available on this website go HERE

I am now back to stitching the November wreath. It is gorgeous. Lovely mums!!
Before We Were Yours: A Novel by Lisa Wingate was recommended to me by our friend Carol. She and her mother read it! I KNEW I had to read it then! I am very glad I did. It is historical fiction and it is one of THE best books I read this year. I highly recommend you read it.

Memphis, 1939. Twelve-year-old Rill Foss and her four younger siblings live a magical life aboard their family’s Mississippi River shantyboat. But when their father must rush their mother to the hospital one stormy night, Rill is left in charge—until strangers arrive in force. Wrenched from all that is familiar and thrown into a Tennessee Children’s Home Society orphanage, the Foss children are assured that they will soon be returned to their parents—but they quickly realize the dark truth. At the mercy of the facility’s cruel director, Rill fights to keep her sisters and brother together in a world of danger and uncertainty.

Aiken, South Carolina, present day. Born into wealth and privilege, Avery Stafford seems to have it all: a successful career as a federal prosecutor, a handsome fiancé, and a lavish wedding on the horizon. But when Avery returns home to help her father weather a health crisis, a chance encounter leaves her with uncomfortable questions and compels her to take a journey through her family’s long-hidden history, on a path that will ultimately lead either to devastation or to redemption.

Based on one of America’s most notorious real-life scandals—in which Georgia Tann, director of a Memphis-based adoption organization, kidnapped and sold poor children to wealthy families all over the country—Lisa Wingate’s riveting, wrenching, and ultimately uplifting tale reminds us how, even though the paths we take can lead to many places, the heart never forgets where we belong.

My neck and shoulder are almost better. It is hard to believe that I suffered whiplash from driving with my MIL in August and still am suffering from it. I have been receiving a deep massage from my original physical therapist named Leigh once weekly for the last month. This is about to end. I will continue on with gentle exercises at home by myself. She tells me it will just take time for the nerves to settle.

I hope you have a wonderful week my friends. I am so glad you stopped by! Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


25 comments:

Beth said...

Nice tribute to your feathered friends.

Justine said...

What a sweet little stitch Vickie! The birds will be so grateful for your seeds I'm sure.

MartinaM said...

Hi Vickie,
Oh, you're lucky that the little birds are so close to the house, and there's always something special to see. I love watching them in the birdhouse during the winter, and I am happy about every new visitor. Your little pattern looks great, and you have chosen beautiful colors.
Yes, there are always pain that comes suddenly, but take a long time, you need a lot of patience.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's getting better and better.
Big Hugs,
Martina

Margaret said...

Love your lady and birds. It's perfect to represent you and your little bird friends! I'm glad to hear that your neck and shoulder are almost better. Hooray! Been thinking about reading that book you mentioned. One day I will.

Carol said...

Such a cute little bird lady, Vickie! As Jackie mentioned on IG, it reminds me of Mary Poppins. It looks so cute in your October cubby :)

Glad you enjoyed the book--I love books that teach me a bit about history in a fictional setting. You learn so much and still enjoy a good story.

So glad to read that your neck and shoulder are improving... these things just take time. I'm sure you are very diligent about doing your exercises :)

Enjoy your week!

butterfly said...

Lovely cute stitch Vickie so you .

Linda said...

Congrats on another adorable finish Vickie. Glad to hear the neck is doing better.

Linda

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, I love your finish! I also print them off when I see them. It looks fabulous in your cubby!

Manuela said...

Wonderful finish. The lady with the birds looks great. She remember me at Mary Poppins.
Your cubby looks beautiful.
Hugs, Manuela

Stasi said...

Vickie, I saw your finish and mentally started singing "feed the birds tuppence a bag..."! :) Glad your neck and shoulder are improving!

marly said...

That is SO cute! And it fits perfectly. Yes, with hair is better.

Vicki said...

Cute addition for the cubby shelf! How is life on Main Street? Glad you're feeling better. It's amazing to me that it takes me a moment to hurt myself and then days/weeks/months to heal!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely finish and great cubby for October, Vickie. Thanks for the book review (just downloaded it onto my kindle) and so glad to hear that your neck is finally feeling better. I know how you feel, I injured my right foot at the very beginning of July and I am really struggling to get it better.

Julie said...

Sweet finish, looks perfect in the Oct cubby

Penny said...

That is a sweet finish, Vickie! I too get a lot of joy out of feeding the birds and squirrels and occasional raccoon or skunk. So glad to hear that your neck and shoulder are doing better! I was never able to get back to your post on Scott to comment - his family continues to be in my prayers.

Lili said...

Your new piece is very sweet! Love the colours that you used!
So glad that you are felling better.

moreofhim said...

Your bird lady is beautiful and I love all the changes you made. I love feeding the birds, too, and enjoy watching them. I'm glad you're neck and shoulder are getting better but so sorry that you had this happen. Always praying for you!

Blessings - Julie

diamondc said...

Vickie: I have been away and read your last post, I am so sorry for the loss you all must feel.
I hope Jenny finds a way to handle her loss, I feel for all who lose a friend or family member, From my heart I am so sorry.

What an adorable sweet design you have stitched, I am a bird feeder with lots of feeders in the yard, birds make me happy.
I am glad to hear your shoulder is doing better, I bet it was whiplash, ouch.
I must look up this book, thank-you for showing it.

Catherine

Barbara said...

Love your little bird lady. She reminds me of the song in Mary Poppins "Feed the birds". I'm so sorry you are still having trouble with your neck. I didn't realize the whiplash could take that much time to get over. Saying prayers for a fast healing.

Barbara

Mary's Thread said...

It's so cute! I love your colors!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I love your Finished WIP....those Birds in your Finished Piece is so cute and so adorable. I love them.

Hope that your Pain will go away soon and that you will start to feel better soon. Prayers for you.

Have A Lovely Day

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup

Astrids dragon said...

Another sweet finish, I love how you made it your own! And yes, "Feed the Birds!"
I'm so glad you're finally feeling better, it's been a long road for you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend Scott. I hope there is some comfort that he is at peace now.
I agree with Barbara, definitely Tuppence a bag, feed the birds! Great changes to the colours there.
I don't print off the freebies but I do download them instantly and have a large file on my PC full of freebies with the names of the site where they came from.

RJ said...

Oh I love that stitch so much Vickie. It is so sweet and just perfect. RJ

rosey175 said...

This stitch is so sweet. Funny that the lady was bald. Perhaps her hair was just tied up in a bun under her hat! I am debating moving our feeder to the shepard's hook by the dining room window. We enjoyed the hummingbirds there this summer but I dunno if I want to deal with the mess of seeds on the deck!

I don't print patterns until I am 100% ready to start stitching them. I download the freebies and have a large folder on the computer because things do like to disappear! Only recently I've been trying to include relevant info (maker/site) in the file name... sometimes it's not included on the pattern which can be a little frustrating when it comes time to share.