Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, August 21, 2017

🎂

Hi friends! I want to share with you a stunning gift I received last week. This gift was made with so much love and care I was absolutely stunned by the time and effort put into the creating of it. Our friend Charlene sent me a box filled with gifts to help mend my broken heart from the death of our dear Mabel.

I will show you the main gift that had me crying. It is a gorgeous photo album of Mabel. I will quote Charlene's own words: "The pink hankie on the front represents tears shed in good times of laughter and sad times of saying goodbye. The pink doily was a piece I crocheted years ago and felt it tied the front of the book together perfectly. The tea pot is for when you make a spot of tea and sit down to enjoy this sweet book."
I have the album placed on top of pink fabric that Charlene wrapped the album in. She wrapped each and every gift in pink fabric.😊 I will give you a look inside the album.
I have always wanted to stitch this pattern. Now I do not have to. Charlene stitched it just as I would have. In pink!
And um, yes, I did limit showing you the pictures of my sweet Mabel Charlene had!! I also did not show you the blank pages she left for me to mount pictures and such.❤️

Isn't this also darling?!
Charlene knows that I love to read, so she gifted me with this lovely chocolate brown book wrapped in flowers and pink satin ribbon. She learned to make this during a quilt show class.
She also learned to make this during a quilt show. Isn't this tea cup pincushion ADORABLE?! I just love it!
 AND.... Charlene bought me fat quarters at a quilt show! I have these on top of the "pink fabric wrappings."
NOW do you see why this SUPER GENEROUS gift overwhelmed me?! Wow! Thank you once again Charlene! Mabel was such a super, sweet, dear, precious poodle. We love her so much. Your album especially, just really is perfect for her. Thank you my friend!

Thank you for stopping by today my friends. I hope you enjoyed sharing in my joy. 😄

I hope you have a great week! Thank you for your encouraging words. I appreciate every, single comment!

Oh yes! Before I go, today is Murphy's 14th birthday!🎂

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



37 comments:

Annie said...

Coudn't be a more perfect gift for you. Stitchy friends are the best!

gracie said...

Beautiful gift for a lovely gal....

Mouse said...

Awwwww I am soo sorry about Mabel .. but what a glorious present to receive and remember her by ... and all that pink too ..
happy birthday to Murphy too I hope that he got really spoilt :) love mouse xxxx

Barbara said...

What a beautiful gift from Charlene and a Happy Birthday to Murphy.
Hugs

marly said...

Happy birthday to Murphy. I can see how emotional and overwhelming her thoughtfulness was for you. So special and precious. Her generous heart knows you well.

Beth said...

Pink and poodles! What an amazingly thoughtful gift!

Stasi said...

Such a sweet and thoughtful gift!

Barb said...

What a wonderful gift. I do think this is why so many of us still blog!

Rachel said...

Wow, what a beautiful, thoughtful gift! I would feel so loved if I received it.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Beautiful gifts,I have gone back and looked at them again,your pin cushion is beautiful.
What a lovely,lovely photo book for Mabel's pictures.
Wishing Murphy a happy 14th birthday

MartinaM said...

A wonderful, unique gift you got, that makes me very happy. So you still have Mabel around you. Also the other gifts are great.
Congratulations to Murphy - and have fun celebrating.
Big Hugs, Martina

Jenny said...

Oh Vickie...What an absolutely lovely gift for you! Everything is just perfect and just so very sweet! I am so very happy for you...surprises like that really touch the heart and this one had so much thought and care put into it! It was all just so beautiful!

Happy Birthday Murphy! Wow...14 is a wonderful accomplishment for him! Congratulations!

Sending lots of hugs and love to you my friend! Friday is treatment day again....

Linda said...

Such a thoughtful gift Vickie. What a wonderful friend.

Linda

Kay said...

Such beautiful gifts, you are so blessed. x

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie
what a wunderful gift for you.
Happy Birhtday to Murphy.
Best wishes Manuela

Brigitte said...

This is such an adorable gift that Charlene made for you. Very special and thoughtfully put together, everything is so you. Enjoy!

Maggee said...

Charlene sent such a thoughtful, loving gift! So much inside to make you smile! I really LOVE the album of pictures! My favorite is the one of Mabel in the purse! I stitched that LK piece years ago for my daughter when she only had Thor (Mabel's twin brother). Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Carolien said...

Hello Vickie,

Oh what a sweet gesture of your friend! Enjoy these gifts with precious memories attached to it.
Congratulations on the respectable age of the other furry friend in the house :)

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! The sewingbox belonged to my grandmother. I am very grateful to use it now. It was brought home after the war in Indonesia: my uncle served there and gave this to his mother when he came home. I treasure it, as you can imagine.

Hugs and prayers my friend,
Carolien

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy birthday to Murphy! What a generous and thoughtful gift(s) you received from Charlene! I love the memory book she created of Mabel for you. Thinking of you, Vickie!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Such a sweet gift from the heart. ((hugs))

Vicki said...

Charlene is generous indeed - what a gorgeous and thoughtful gift.
Happy Birthday, Murphy!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, what an amazing gift. There is so much love and thought gone into every part of it. I am sure you will enjoy choosing the very best Mabel photos to go in the album. And maybe shed a tear or two into the hanky provided.

Happy Birthday to Murphy too!

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a sweet thoughtful gift from Charlene!

Happy Birthday Murphy!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw I am soo sorry about Mabel .. but what a glorious present to receive and remember her by ... and all that pink too .

ตารางคะแนน

butterfly said...


What a lovely gift to a lovely lady , from a wonderful friend , I can feel the love that your friend put into your beautiful gift .
Enjoy you deserve so much love from sweet friends.
Happy Birthday to Murphy.

Julie said...

A lot of love and thoughtfulness went into this very special gift.
Happy Birthday Murphy
xx

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning, Vickie. Any one of those gifts alone is amazing, but together, absolutely gorgeous! So very thoughtful...

Happy birthday to Murphy!

Margaret said...

What an amazing and thoughtful gift Charlene sent! So sweet! Happy birthday (belated) to Murphy too!

Marilyn said...

What great gifts made from the heart.
The album is precious.
Marilyn

Hilda said...

Such a sweet gift from your friend Charlene! You would see even some tears in my eyes (if you could see me know). What a wonderful idea! Enjoy!

Hugs
Hilda

Sally said...

Oh wow what amazing gifts from Charlene. Everything is so perfect for you. The photo album is so incredibly special.

Happy Belated Birthday Murphy!

Lili said...

Such a beautiful gift, Vickie!
Happy Birthday to Murphy :)

Hugs,
Lili

Carol said...

Oh, the album is so very precious--as are all of Charlene's perfectly pink presents. I'm sure they lifted your spirits immediately, Vickie :)

RJ said...

I love the beautiful gifts that Charlene sent your way Vickie. What a most thoughtful thing to do and I'm sure it made you feel mighty loved. Happy birthday to Murphy..he's adorable! RJ

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, truly thoughtful and loving gifts. What a treasure she is.
Happy Belated to Murphy!

moreofhim said...

What an absolutely wonderful and thoughtful gift! It touched my heart so much. The album of Mabel is so precious and I'm so glad you have this special remembrance of her.

Everything is gorgeous!! Happy Birthday to Murphy!

Blessings - Julie

Meari said...

What a thoughtful, gorgeous gift!