Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, August 5, 2016

Here I Am

Hi friends! I hope all is well with you. In between the July celebrations of Emerson's Golden Birthday (he turned 20 on the 20th) and Madeleine becoming an adult on the last day of July, I finished my August Joyful World SAL.
I stitched this one over one on 27ct cream linen with DMC and Anchor threads. Quite obviously I made changes. Did you notice? ;) I put in an apricot poodle instead of the border collie. The poodle I used is a freebie you can find right HERE.
I did not have DMC 3078, so I used another yellow I liked, 3822. I used 3348 for the dandelion? leaves. I had to use this lighter green in the grass section for them to show up. I also used two strands of B5200 over one every time white was stitched to make it show up well.
I did not realize I was stitching on 27ct linen until I had a nice start going. I don't know why I had this linen put in with my 25ct linen!!!! ARGH. I hate that. That should be another reminder to myself to ALWAYS check the linen count before beginning a project unless it is clearly labeled. I don't always listen to myself. ;)

I asked the nurse to ask the neurologist if he could increase the dosage of my beta blocker so that I can get outside when it is hot and not be trapped indoors. If I stay in the AC and do nothing, and never use the oven, the beta blocker keeps my headache at a 1. That is not how I can live.I am hopeful with an increased dose I can go outside when it is above 75º and not suffer. The nurse frustrates me. She says how wonderful this is to be at a 1. Yes. It is. BUT I WANT TO LEAVE THE HOUSE.

I decided I needed to "test" the beta blocker since I am staying inside and being extra careful to not expose myself to heat. I would like to be able to get out and do things again.  I went for a walk in 78º, then used the oven upon returning home. That did it. And now I suffer. For four days straight. Imitrex and Indomethacin are not getting rid of it yet.I called the nurse and asked for the increased dose. It actually took several calls. I am now on an increased dose. It takes TWO WEEKS for the dose to peak. So, here we go again.

Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;
He also has become my salvation.’”
Isaiah 12:2

I am so glad to call you friend! Thank you for stopping in today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

28 comments:

Honeybee said...

Aw, what a cute finish! Somehow I knew a poodle might make an appearance in that one! ;O)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

A pretty August finish,love your poodle:) I hope you have a good and relatively pain free weekend and encouraging results from change in the level of your meds in a few days.

Carolien said...

Hi Vickie,

The finish is lovely, as is the last picture of another poodle ;)
I'm so sorry you're in pain again, so frustrating ... Take care, my friend ... and I so wish they will find something for you, so that you can go out normally, without the boomerang effect!

Waves across the ocean & love, Carolien

Maggee said...

What a nice little finish! You are getting quite adept at stitching poodles! Sorry to hear that just doing two things, that are relatively easy, ramped up the headaches again. I hope the increase in meds kicks in real soon! Hugs!

Barbara said...

That's adorable.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Vickie. I love the poodle you stitched. So sorry to hear about the rotten headache again. Hopefully one day you will get up and they will be gone for good.

Linda

Jenny said...

What an absolutely adorable finish Vickie! Of course you changed the sheltie to a poodle and very nicely done I might add!

So very sorry about these headaches my friend! I am hoping this higher dose will help...eventually!

Still praying!

I found an absolutely wonderful book and am reading it now! Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick! I just started it but so far a very touching story. Have you read any of her books?

Hugs my friend!

Oh and by the way...it takes about 20 minutes to get to my doctor's office where I receive my chemo. Sitting in my chair now 😊

Manuela said...

What a wonderful finish. I like your change and the litte poodle is very cute.
Have a nice weekend.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Love the poodle in your stitching. I like it better than the collie.hope the headaches go away soon. big hugs Lynda Ruth

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh friend, I am so sorry the heat is causing you pain. I do hope the meds help out and you can get out and enjoy the outside again. That is the cutest little finish...so adorable...and just perfect, too. :) Prayers sent your way sweet friend. ((hugs))

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your poodle is awesome, the perfect change for you.
That's quite an extreme way to get them to listen to you but at least they have increased the dose. Hope it works!

Bea said...

Lovely finish and nice substitution.
So, so sorry you're in pain again. Praying the increase helps. Gentle hugs.

Annie said...

I was wondering what poodle would appear for August. He's a cutie. Molokai great with your color changes too.

I hate when doctors pat themselves on the back for the least thing. Not that getting to 1 is the least thing, but still. Feeling like a prisoner is no fun. Hope the extra dosage helps and doesn't have its own side effects.

Hilda said...

Hi Vicky,
your August poodle stitching is so sweet. I love the blue hydrangeas on both sides of the sweet poodle.

I really hope that a higher dose of the better blocker does bring a sufficient result finally.

Have a wonderful (painfree) weekend, my dear friend!
Hugs
Hilda

Unknown said...

The embroidery with the Poodle fits so wonderfully perfect to you dearest Vickie. It made me smile.
I think fast to you and press you the thumbs that increasing the dose your headache improves every day.
God bless you my friend
Your Sandra

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, congratulations on your August finish. What an adorable poodle you substituted! I hope the increase in the beta blocker helps. Thinking of you! Have a relaxing weekend!

Christina said...

Great job on your SAL. I'm sorry to read that your new treatment is not working. I hope the increase will help. Continued prayers for you.

butterfly said...

Oh Vickie , that is so cute I really love your stitching .
Hoping and praying you get more help with your pain sweet friend.

Margaret said...

Love your August block and your poodle change. Sorry it was the wrong count. I've had that happen too, with the store sending me the wrong count!! I'm praying the increased dose does the job for you. You need to live your life!

Carol said...

Oh, the little poodle is so "you!" Great job on changing the August design, Vickie. It turned out great!

I'm so glad to hear your pain level is way down--at least inside in a cool house. Sure hope the upped dosage helps with your ventures outside in this hot weather. At this rate, you're probably hoping for an early winter!

Lillie said...

What a cute finish Vickie and how clever to have switch that for a poodle. So glad you pain had subside a little, wishing you for a speedy recovery

Beth said...

Great change to the poodle - perfect for you Vickie.

Kaisievic said...

Oh Vickie, I was praying that the headaches had eased. So sorry to hear of your continued suffering. Lots of love and kisses. BTW, love, love your latest poodle stitch!

Sarah in Stitches said...

What a cute finish! And I'm really hoping you feel better soon, Vickie :D

moreofhim said...

I love your piece, Vickie! The poodle makes it extraordinary and I bookmarked that pattern page. Thank you for sharing that - lots of cute, cute patterns! Love the poodles, of course.

I'm so sorry about your headaches. Don't you just love when nurses say that? They have no idea what it's like to be trapped indoors for one reason or another but tell you how you should be happy that the pain is lower. Sure you're happy, but you want a life! I think they need to think about what they are saying.

Praying!

Julie

Von said...

So cool you found the perfect poodle to stitch in the August design!
Praise God you were able to have days at a 1, and prayers that a stronger dose will enable you to have a more normal lifestyle in the heat of the summer.

Stitching Noni said...

I love your poodle! Such a perfect change and much more you :o)
I do hope that the weather cools down for you soon so that you can start trying to have a bit of outside time.. I can't imagine how bad you must feel with the heat causing such horrid headaches.
Hugs xx

Astrids dragon said...

Adorable, no surprise! Good idea using two over one with white, I'll have to remember that next time.

Praying you're feeling better by now.