Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Cats and Dog

Hi friends! The last person to send me pink fabric for the Epic Pink Charm Quilt was our friend Noni. I made her up this thank you gift a while ago, but it takes a while to get all the way to Australia!!
Yes, a bookmark featuring her two cats, Oscar and Felix.
Also featuring Mitzi the King Charles Cavalier .
Last week I did a dumb thing. I was not thinking. I was making dumplings for dinner. A recipe I learned from my mother-in-law. I wasn't paying attention and the butter in the pan burned, way past just browning. I removed the pan and thought now what? I need this pan to burn a new stick of butter. I will just add a little water to cool it down. WRONG. BAD. I learned in grade school not to add water to a grease fire! It splattered on both my  hands and one wrist. It burned, scorched, seared, whatever you want to call it for hours. Oh the pain! Wow! I never knew pain in that way. It never blistered, just left dark brown splattered burns. The skin is now beginning to peel on my wrist. Not pretty at all.
Precious pansies that sprung up along the driveway.
Take a look at our apple tree now! We finally have tiny apples. :)
I discovered a robin's nest top the post at the back of the trunk. It is at the very top of the tree.
I am still going to the physical therapist twice weekly. She found my "hot spot". Oh man. Pain. She said if she could lift my left butt muscle, the tight band(not sure what she was talking about I was dying in pain) is way deep under there. Let me tell you deep massage there is not feeling great. At all. I shall persevere! Still doing the home exercise program. Doing well, I just have to use percocet after my latest visits with her!

Have a super day my friends!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

21 comments:

gominam said...

Beautiful bookmark, love the details (cats and puppy). Ooh, that burn, take care of yourself. Hope you feel much much better with the therapy.

Mii Stitch said...

The bookmark is really pretty. How cute is that little doggie :)

Julie said...

Your apple tree will be laden this year.
Such a pretty bookmark you made.
xxx

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely book mark.I love the little cats:)
Burns are nasty,they always look worse after a few days.I hope you heal well.
Th robin's eggs are the most gorgeous colour aren't they.

Christina said...

What an adorable bookmark. Sorry you burned yourself and that your physical therapy is so painful. Continued prayer that your pain subsides. Oh, those Robin eggs are such a pretty color.

Angela Tucker said...

Love the bookmark! That fabric is so cute.

Keep an eye on those burns. I have been in food service for over 35 years...grease burns are nasty and can leave scars.

Those eggs are such a pretty blue...thank you for the great pictures!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Bookmarks are cute!
Vickie, burns hurt a lot: - (((
I also sometimes stupid and she'll do a pain :-)
I wish you, let him fast you cure!

Carolien said...

Oh my dear Vickie,

How awful, those burns! I hope they will vanish soon and the pain will be less for you. You'll never do that again, I'm sure ... And again so much pain at the therapist's, you have to endure quite something at the moment! In my prayers ...
The bookmark is very sweet, as is that lovely bird nest. What a special nest for a bird, on top of the tree!

Have a nice day! Carolien

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The bookmark is beautiful as they all have been.
But ouch for the double dose of pain in this post!

Unknown said...

Dear Vicky , your bookmark is very beautiful again succeeded . The of your combustion and the painful treatment I'm very sorry , I hope that soon all is well again or at least better . A little bedtime prayer for you.
Greetings Sandra

Beth said...

Ouch! Between the burn and OR you have to be hurting.

rosey175 said...

Ouch! Sometimes I think our brain leaves us on purpose in the kitchen. I have managed to burn myself on the oven rack even while knowing it is hot.

Love the little pansies and robins eggs. Such vibrant colors~ They are even fitting with your lovely bookmark this post. :D

KimM said...

Lovely bookmark - maybe you'd better call for takeout for a week or so and stay out of the kitchen ;0) - take care of yourself, Vickie!! YOUCH!!!
xx

Barbara said...

Ooh Vickie I hope those burns heal quickly. They can be nasty. Pansies are so cute a flower....remind me of little fairies for some reason. LOL
Blessings

butterfly said...


Another beautiful book mark , I love my one .

Oh dear me we all do things with out thinking take care hope you mend soon.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Stitching Noni said...

I love my bookmark - thank you :O)
Oh my goodness... that does sound like a nasty burn even it wasn't too serious! I suspect you won't do that again in a hurry!
Take care, hugs xx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Another beautiful bookmark. Good luck with the physical therapy! :D

Angela said...

Hope you are on the mend soon, I love the bookmark!

Lillie said...

Lovely bookmark. Hope everything goes well with the physical therapy.
Take care

Maggee said...

"just' have to use Percocet... ugh! Maybe it will get better with time. And the burned hands... oh my! I am so sorry that happened! I think praying is going to hasten your healing... :) I love the apple tree! You are the first person I know who grew one that way. Quite different. Cannot wait to hear how the fruits are! Hugs!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, this burn from hot grease sounds really terrible. And I know from my own experience that it hurts really, really bad. Good to know that it's healing now.
Very nice, the cats and dog bookmark.