Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, June 8, 2015

A Year Younger

Hi friends! We just had the best weekend this year. :) Gorgeous weather on Saturday. Almost gorgeous (just a touch too hot and humid) weather yesterday. Saturday was my 46th birthday. I can say with all honesty I do not feel a year older. I truly feel a year younger. This physical therapy home exercise program is giving me my life back. I am able to do things, most everything less painfully. As you know from  a prior post, I am a gardener again! Yay!

On Saturday we went to my mom's for my birthday party. :) Yes, my mom still has birthday parties for me and my three younger brothers, along with parties for the rest of the gang. We open presents, sing Happy Birthday and eat birthday cake. ♥

Our friend June sent me birthday gifts.
Poodle patterns, ribbon, a bookmark, a lovely sachet, notebook, a PINK bird, and a file folder, which I use!! Thank you again my sweet, dear friend June.

Yesterday we went to Father and Matushka's. Their youngest child, Sophia just turned 14 years old and graduated from 8th grade. Their middle son, Dima, just graduated from high school. All three of their children are so nice and very close in age to our three. We both have two sons, then our daughters. :) We had a wonderful time, all five of us. Great food, conversations and fun.
Now the chocolate perennial garden does not look like much at this point. The irises are done. And the day lilies will not be blooming this year, due to being dug up and moved I believe. But I did take a picture of the new set up.
So very much work to remove every, single plant and pull out all the grass and replace everything in a new spot! Glad that is done. Glad every one of the family helped me. :)

I am reading Love Letters by Beverly Lewis. Very good. I have yet to be disappointed with a book of hers. Do not believe that will ever happen!

I am still reading the Bible daily too.

I hope and pray you have an excellent week my friends! I have thanked God for YOU today!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


30 comments:

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday dear Vickie! Oh to be 46 again!!! Your garden is looking well tended and I'm sure Mother Nature will bless you with beautiful blooms. Your little darlings look so comfortable in their bed. Have a super week.
Blessings

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday, Vickie! Love your heart garden...

Sweet Sue said...

wishing you a very sweet happy birthday filled with many stitches to come:) xo

KimM said...

Happy Birthday, Vickie!! Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend. I'm so glad to hear your PT is giving you some relief and you're feeling so much better!!
P.S. Did you receive the e-card I sent you?
xxxxx

Angela Tucker said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!! I love that your family still gets together for cake and singing. LOL If you work it right, you can celebrate all week! LOL

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Belated Birthday Youngster! You certainly don't look 46 so I am glad you don't feel it either.

Hope you enjoyed your Birthday Party with your family, it's a lovely idea.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, young lady! I'm glad to hear the physical therapy is helping you so much that it's giving you gardening time! Yay! That's a huge birthday gift in itself! Love the chocolate box garden. I just showed it to my DH and it may appear one day in mine! ;-)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Belated birthday wishes Vickie. Take it easy with the gardening, don't overdo things, it's so easy to get carried away:-)

butterfly said...

So happy you are having a lovely week sweet friend .
Enjoy your garden it's looking beautiful.
Take care and wishing you another wonderful week.

cucki said...

Happy birthday dear..
Your garden is looking so beautiful.
Big hugs xx

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Vickie, it looks like you had a lovely day :) Love the look of the chocolate perennial garden!

Chris said...

Happy Happy Birthday my Friend!!!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday for last Saturday Vickie.
I love your flower photos,Your perennial chocolate is such a good idea.

Carolien said...

Dear Vickie,

A belated Happy Birthday to you! I wish you a very good and blessed new year ...
Your rose is so beautiful and the garden-heart will be lovely when the plants have settled in :) The shape of it is great already.
Mmm, I love the books of Beverly Lewis too. I'm quite addicted to Amish fiction ánd non-fiction.

Good to feel younger, by the way :) When I had my 50th birthday I was told in many ways that it was the start of my 'second youth'. Good to know that will come your way, huh?! We just start over again, grins!

Have a nice day!!!

Jacqueline Morris said...

Oh gosh, happy belated birthday wished dearest Vickie... I am so so sorry to of missed it. I am trying to get back into the swing of things again, one day at a time. I hope you had a wonderful smiley day with heaps of cake!!
Your garden is looking wonderful.... How is the 'pink therapy' coming along?! Well your doing something right, I hope things continue to improve with your health.
Big smiles :) xx

Lillie said...

A Happy Belated Birthday Vickie!
Glad the physical therapy is helping you, still don't over do it.
The flowers are truly pretty.

gominam said...

Belated happy birthday. Lovely presents you got. Aww, your mom is so sweet giving birthday parties for her kids:) Glad to hear you feel better with the PT:)

Frances said...

Your "heart garden" is so pretty! I love it!
Happy Birthday to you! I think it's a great idea for each birthday to go backwards in years!!!

Annette-California said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sweet Vickie!!! I love that you get to go to your moms for a wonderful celebration. Your heart garden is FABULOUS! I love it - that was a lot of work. love Annette
ps it was 107 here today.

Beth said...

Happy birthday Vickie. I'll bet the best gift is a more active pain free life!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Happy Birthday, Vickie! :D Enjoy all the goodies!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday! So glad your feeling chipper and could really enjoy the occasion. So sweet to have your Mom through you a party. Did you play Pin the Tail on the Donkey too?

Mii Stitch said...

Belated birthday wishes :)
Lovely goodies & glad the physio helps!

Maggee said...

Happy Belated Birthday Vickie! Your Mom sounds as sweet as you, which is where you must get it from, eh?! June spoiled you with beautiful gifties... Very nice! The chocolate garden looks great, and will be splendid next year, for sure! Birthday cyberhugs coming your way!

gracie said...

Sending birthday wishes to you...sounds like you had a wonderful celebration. I am glad the therapy is helping....

Christina said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a wonderful party. Lovely gifts! I'm so happy to hear that your pain is pretty much gone and you are able to do things again.

rosey175 said...

A happy birthday to you! Glad it had you surrounded by pink and joy~ Lovely peonies, strange to see them blooming. They're done with down here! Your chocolate garden will be so lovely! It's great that everyone pitched in to help too, that's always a relief haha.

Julie said...

Belated birthday wishes to you xxx

Andrea said...

Good to hear you had a great day. Happy Birthday!

Brigitte said...

I am late I know but I wasn't reading blogs for quite a while and now I have to catch.
So - happy belated birthday wishes and enjoy your poodle and pink gifts.