Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, September 9, 2024

Ouch!

 Hi friends! Oh my goodness! It has been an entire month again since I last posted. 😬 I looked to see that my last post was about the punch needle robins I did. Yes. Well that did me in. Let me tell you! Remember the lovely punch needle pansies? The ones I won a blue ribbon for at State Fair? They are 3D micro punch needle. And as Madeleine said, "Mom, you must have done about 40,000 punches on those." Well my arm and shoulder hurt somewhat after that, back in April, but then I was done punching. Until I did those robins last month. ☹️ My shoulder has been KILLING me ever since then. A nerve running down my arm, down to my fingers was tingling. I finally went to my doctor. She said I have tendonitis of my rotator cuff. I may never do punch needle again she said. 😭Normal people would think, "Fine. So be it." I am not normal. I realize that. In MY head, I keep thinking, "I just need to get better and in the future I am sure I can do a small project again." Then I tell myself, "Are you CRAZY?! Do you LIKE this pain?" I have to get rid of this punch needle. Truly. There is no other way. I will be tempted to use it otherwise. Honestly. I know me. This pain is not worth it. I am taking ibuprofen daily, as the doctor told me to, and a muscle relaxer to sleep, as she told me to. I simply CANNOT sleep on my right side at all. I cannot imagine what it feels like to have a torn rotator cuff. My brother had one and had surgery. No thanks! I am waiting for physical therapy. Two of the therapists I knew have left. The one remaining therapist I know does not have an opening until the end of the month. 😕 I am praying for an opening to pop up.

🏫September Cubby Shelf Display 🏫 Almost every one of these are stitched over one.

🏫🍎🏫🍎🏫🍎🏫🍎🏫🍎🏫

🍂🍄September Corner Shelf🍄🍂

🎂Happy Birthday🎈by Hands On Design 



This pattern was passed along to me by my Instagram friend Kathy. I finished it differently than charted. I used everything from my stash. I did use all the called for DMC colors and 32ct chalkboard linen. The last picture is the most true in color for the finishing fabric.

I tried a new finishing technique to create this easel mounted flat fold. Since this is my first time, it is not perfect, but I like it! I will be doing this again. If you care to try this kind of flat fold go here to get the directions: HERE

🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

Maggie Mae on Main Street! Dear, little Maggie Mae has been stitched for TWO MONTHS, but I left her languishing in the to be finished pile. I finally got her put together yesterday and took her down the block to the waterfall in our village. Yes. I live near all these beautiful flowers on display and the wonderful waterfall.


The first three pictures were taken later in front of my pink poodle McCoy planter. I forgot to add little Maggie Mae's ribbon! 

Maggie Mae is stuffed with wood shavings. She is stitched one over two on 46ct Oat Bristol Zweigart linen. I honestly cannot remember the color changes anymore. I do know I use CC, VMS and DMC.

🐰💗🐰💗🐰💗🐰💗🐰💗🐰

I am stitching Christmas ornaments for family and friends right now. Are you?

Madeleine is on her last week in Denver. She is enjoying her time there very much. She likes her fellow workers very much too. At first she was so homesick. Oh my goodness. She cried every, single time we talked to her for a week! God bless her. Now she talks to us for an hour at a time about what she is up to. 😁 She is able to take the rental car and check out the National Parks and antique stores and such. 

If you extend your soul to the hungry

And satisfy the afflicted soul,

Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,

And your darkness shall be as the noonday.

The Lord will guide you continually,

And satisfy your soul in drought,

And strengthen your bones;

You shall be like a watered garden,

And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

Isaiah 58:10-11

I would not mind if any of you would pray for healing of rotator cuff. It hurts quite a bit. Thank you.💕

I hope you have a wonderful week ahead my friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Stitching and praying, 
Vickie




7 comments:

Arish said...

Maravillosos trabajos nos muestras.
Te deseo mejoría en tu brazo. BESICOS.

MartinaM said...

Oh dear, it's a shame that you can't do this technique anymore, but your health is more important. And maybe one day you'll be able to do something small again.
Your shelves look really pretty with the autumnal decorations.
Oh and I love Maggie Mae, so magical.
I'm glad Madelaine likes it, that's very reassuring.

Enjoy your time and have a good time, Martina

Marilyn said...

Pretty stitcheries on the cubby & shelf.
Maggie is just too cute!
Prayers for healing.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Cubby is looking great for fall!!! Maggie is so petite and adorable! Hope your arm is feeling better soon!

Robin in Virginia said...

The cubby and corner shelf look fabulous in their September finery, Vickie. Maggie Mae is darling. I hope you are able to get in to see the PT sooner. Praying for the pain to subside and your shoulder/arm tendonitis to heal. Thinking of you, my friend!

Ele said...

so sorry about your arm, hope it has already started to improve. It is a shame you have to give up punch needle as you seemed to enjoy it
(not to mention the fact that you did wonders with it!!). Keeping my fingers crossed that an opening pops up soon with your therapist.
Love all your little projects, so cute, and the new finishing is perfect!
Have a very good, pain-free week

Manuela said...

Maggie Mae is so cute. I like it very much and your photos from your town are wonderful.
Hope you can do some punch needle one day. Hope the therapist can help you.
Have a nice time. Manuela