Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, May 30, 2024

💗🧡💛💚💜💐💗🧡💛💚💜

 Hi friends! We are having lovely Spring weather here. I thought I would post one more time in the month of May to catch you up on what I have been doing.

💗This is Eliza M Stone 1881💗 by Whilst Iris Naps.

This sweet, little sampler was stitched and given to me by my lovely friend Justine Justine stitched Eliza on the called for 40 count Ballet Slipper by Fox and Rabbit using WDW Cinnabar and Classic Colorworks Used Brick. I just love it! I decided not to frame this small sampler, but make it into a pincushion. I had the perfect match of velvet for the back in my stash. I decided against a trim. I love it plain. It is stuffed with wood shavings.

💐The Flower A Day Stitch Along💐 by Carolyn Manning Designs. 

I began this pattern in 2019. 😮😬 It is stitched one over one on 28 count Bo Peep Pink linen with the called for DMC. I lost steam back in 2019. It got shoved away in a closet. I pulled it out last week and decided to finish off the right edge and bottom edge and be done. Carolyn says in the pattern to change up colors and tweak the flowers, make them your own. Well I ended up doing that a bit along the edges to make it work into a nice rectangle finish. I am actually very happy with this finish. 😁 It is packed with wood shavings and backed with a solid light green cotton.

The gorgeous bouquet, is huge, and is from Emerson. 🤗

💗🧡💛💚💜💐💗🧡💛💚💜

I am now stitching a patriotic piece. I am taking a little break from my ornament stitching. I still need to make up the few pieces I have stitched into ornaments. 


📚You know the kind of book you read that you cannot put down? That you read for hours and hours and it consumes you? This is that book! I loved it. The author simply describes it as a book about fortune at the end. Yes, that and more. It is a love story, it is a story very much about science, a story about family.

Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil, Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.  Isaiah 1:16-17

Thank you for stopping by today friends! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie






6 comments:

Carol said...

That was such a sweet gift from Justine, Vickie! Love the perfect pink colors she used just for you. Both are very sweet pillows. I am also stitching a patriotic piece--just needed a break from the larger Christmas piece I'm working on :) Thanks for the book recommendation! Enjoy your last day of May tomorrow! ♥

butterfly said...

Hello dear friend , love the stitching The flowered one I really love,so pretty.
I must pick my reading back up,I have not read for months .
Have a lovely weekend hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Those are pretty pillows Vickie.
The Poodle pic kills me! Too funny!
Marilyn

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
a lovely gift from your stitching friend. Your finish is wonderful.
Your finish from Carol Manning looks so beautiful.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

What a precious little sampler Justine stitched for you, Vickie! It makes a darling pillow. Your floral pillow is sweet. Happy weekend, my friend!

MartinaM said...

A wonderful gift, so beautifully crafted and in your colors. And the little flower cushion, wonderful, so elaborate, lovely that it is now finished.
Have a nice week, Martina