Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Lots To Share

 Hi friends! I would love to get you caught up on what I have been up to. Let's start with this, a very appropriate stitch for January. 💖Auld Lang Syne💖from By The Chimney With Care by Blackbird Designs 

Woo hoo! I am so SO GLAD to have this done! I want to do these little stockings as my monthlies this year, but I am putting the samplers first as my priority. Since I met my monthly goal and got all the sampler work done, this little cutie got done. It is not perfect, but I am hoping they get more perfect each month. I followed the stocking finishing instructions of Carol Mundle. If you would like these instructions email me. I will email them to you.  It is fully lined and backed with a dark red flannel. I stitched it with the DMC alternatives of 3799 and 221. This is one over two on 36ct cream linen. I did change it up a bit, by making my top band red and the flower red also.

❌✖️❌✖️❌✖️❌✖️❌✖️❌

Don't recognize this? 


Well, yes, it is a BBD sampler! Yes I did take out the charted dogs and put in my own 🐩🐩🐩🐩 This is Our Lasting Friendship and our local group, The Cross Stitcherhood, is doing a round robin with this pattern. Most of us ladies in our group are stitching this together. I passed this off to Margo at our belated Christmas party yesterday. I am stitching this with almost every called for floss on tea-dyed (by me) 40ct linen. I received Barb's sampler this time. I have one month, until our next meetup and swap, to stitch the upper left corner of this sampler.

🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩

🎄Cross Stitcherhood Christmas Party yesterday. Gift exchange. 😊

RoseAnn

Beth

Colette

Linda

Margo

Kathy

Linda
Tammy

Lisa

Kathy

💗Love & Joy💗by Heartstring Samplery. 

This was gifted to me by Margo. Isn't this flat fold fantastic?! 🤩  And the pink floss overload!

 🥰🥰🥰

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

🕊️Peace🕊️by Blackbird Designs.

 I gifted this to my friend Barb. 💕I am very happy she likes it.

This pattern can be found in the 2013 issue of JCS Ornament Issue. I stitched this two over two on a mystery piece of 30ct linen with some of the called for DMC and CC Toasted Marshmallow.

🕊️💗🕊️💗🕊️💗🕊️💗🕊️💗🕊️

I am now stitching a small Valentine piece. Almost done! Then I will begin Barb's sampler I believe.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. I usually do not have such long posts. I hope I did not lose you! 🙃 I know you may not know my stitching club friends personally, but I thought you you would like to see what we made each other. 

I hope this year is off to a good start for you my friends. I continue to struggle with my daily breathing. Ever since I took that dreaded methacholine challenge test on November 2nd, and had such a terrible "allergic" reaction, I have never been the same. I fear my lungs ARE permanently damaged. 😔 Every, single day my chest is tight and I am short of breath for hours after my morning shower despite opening the bathroom window and running a fan and taking a cooler, faster shower. I switched to a different pulmonologist. The doctor I was with, well I just was not satisfied. I told the nurse my issues. She told me I would just have to put my name on the waiting list and wait for a cancellation. The doctor said he would see me again in four months time. The new pulmonologist has put me on an allergy/asthma pill, a nasal spray and a stronger inhaler. I have only just begun the new inhaler. It is too soon to tell.

Have I mentioned Cally is now a problem for me? Yes. I was allergic to cats as a girl. As in hives. After the methacholine test, my breathing is affected by it. Brian bought an air purifier for our apartment. Madeleine bathes her every other week and brushes her every other day. Brian removed the towel from "her chair" at the table, so she now no longer can or will jump up and spend hours across from me at the table. Brian works at his laptop at home at the table. We sit together. I stitch he works. So she now spends most of her time in Madeleine's room. This helps a lot. What would help me a LOT more is getting rid of her, but those two do not want to do that. If these new meds do not work with this new pulmonologist, yes, she will be leaving our apartment.

If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.  Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.  For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.  Colossians 3:1-4

Thank you for sticking around dear friends. It means a lot to me. 💕

Stitching and praying,
Vickie





12 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I enjoyed seeing your stitch group and their gift exchange pieces! Your group is obviously very talented!

I'd love the instructions for the little stockings. I always struggle with the lining and I do like mine lined.

I'm so sorry you have not fully recovered. I'm not fully recovered from Covid in May. The fatigue just will not go away. Some days are excellent though I do seem to be more tired the next. I hope the new doctor gets things remediated soon. xoxo

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: I am so sorry you have allergies, do you have to get rid of the cat? so sorry if you do.
I like the stocking it is adorable.
The Blackbird design with the dog s on the bottom has my curiosity up, I am looking forward to seeing this one done.
It is very sweet of you to share your stitch group with us, they look like a great group of friends and wonderful exchange gifts.
Beautiful Blackbird Design Peace gift, nice frame.

Catherine

Stasi said...

You are so blessed to have such a lovely stitching group...I love the name! Hope the new doc can help!

MartinaM said...

The little stocking is cute and you did it very well. I also think the little poodles in your pattern are really cute, it fits very well. a very nice gift from Margo, all your color.
Oh dear, cats often cause allergies, but we also grew fond of them. I pray for you that your lungs will get better and that the new inhaler will help.
Hugs Martina

butterfly said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time at your sewing club,
I do miss the club I use to run , but I closed it after catching covid.
But the numbers have fell after I left and now they only meet once every few months. Have a good week hugs June.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your stocking is darling, Vickie. Well done on getting to it this month! Your stitch group gathering looked like a lot of fun. I will continue to pray for your lungs and your breathing. I hope you don't have to give up Callie.

Carol said...

Wow! What a talented bunch of ladies you have in your stitching group, Vickie--each project is finished so beautifully! And your stocking is very cute, too.

I'm sad to read about your problems with breathing and with Callie. I wonder if she is making your breathing harder? Hope things improve with the new arrangements--could Jacob take her in?

marly said...

Hi Vickie. Sorry you are still having issues. My nephew has always coughed until he chokes in the shower. No matter where the shower is taken, he has never had a solution or reason offered.

My SIL had six ferals that they rescued and then found out she had an allergy. Vet told her to get Allerpet and amazingly, it worked!! Told others, worked for them too.

Hope your new meds help.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
your little sock is beautiful. You did a great job.
All the little ornaments in your stitching group are so beautiful.
The little poodle on your sampler are very cute.
Hope that the inhalator works.
Hugs, Manuela

Sandra said...

Vickie, I wonder if you could possibly tell me the designer of the gift that Colette received. It looks familiar but I have looked through all my Blackbird Designs charts (which is what I think it might be) to no avail. Hoping you can help.

Solstitches said...

Hi Vickie,
What a dear little stocking. I shall look forward to seeing them appear month by month as you stitch and finish each one.
Your BD Peace sampler is beautiful. What a lovely gift for your friend.
Such a pretty flat fold and other goodies from Margo all in your favourite pink!
Lucky you to share stitching time with such a talented group of ladies.
Hope you are feeling better.
Hugs,
Margaret

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That’s a lovely little stocking, it will be nice to have regular small finishes alongside your samplers.
The RR looks fun too. It’s a good idea to do one with people you actually see when postage is so expensive and unreliable now.
Such a shame about the allergies though. Cally has such a lovely coat but long haired animals can be very difficult to look after. My Dad used to spend hours sweeping up cat hair when they had one.