Calendar Poodle SAL

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Be Merry

 Hi friends! Hooray! Hooray! I have another ornament completed for the family.😄 Yesterday I got the finishing done on Madeleine's ornament. I had been putting it off, as it was new-to-me finishing, a mini stocking. Have you done mini stockings? I am SO glad I had the step-by-step tutorial from Carol Mundle on Instagram. She emailed me a pdf step-by-step process a long time ago and I saved it for when I needed it. If you want easy to follow directions on how to make a mini stocking that is fully lined that also has pictures, email me and I will send this to you.💌

This is Be Merry by Raise the Roof Designs. 🥸

This pattern is found in JCS 2007 Christmas Ornament Issue. Madeleine is a huge fan of Groucho and the Marx brothers. I stitched this two over two on 32 ct Lambswool linen with some of the called for DMC and I used VMSS Valentine Red. and  CC Toasted Marshmallow. I lightened up the face and nose.
I cannot wait to surprise Madeleine with this one! 😍

💕The Cross Stitcherhood💕

This is the pattern I designed for our fist ever retreat day on Leanne's birthday. In the center of this pattern is the free pattern offered by punochka_stitches a few months ago. Every single one of us has "signed" our names now. I also added Leanne's name.💖 I am very happy with this special piece. I gave everyone VMSS floss from my collection to stitch their names in.
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

We have another retreat day coming up for our cross stitch group next month. It is here in Wisconsin. Lisa, in our group, is friends with a woman who owns a fantastic historic farm home, which also happens to be an airbnb. She is letting us stitch there for the day. 

I created little gifts to give my friends and one for the couple. And I also made three more for Annie and her daughters. Are you familiar with AnnieBeez FolkArt? Well Lisa reached out to Annie and asked her if she would like to spend the day with us. She and her daughters live not too far from where we will be that day. They said yes! 😃 We are going to have fun! I am baking a challah bread for that day. We will have lots of food of course.

I am now working on my September monthly piece.

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10

The weather is just starting to cool a bit here. I love sleeping with the windows open.

I hope you have a fantastic day my friends! Thanks for stopping by. Take care now.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





11 comments:

Carol said...

Madeleine will love her Groucho Santa, Vickie! Great job on the stocking--I have never tried one and I'd love to have the tutorial emailed to me when you get a chance. Your stitching group's piece turned out so pretty and how wonderful to have another special day coming up. I know everyone will love your bread and other goodies :) Enjoy your day ♥

Stasi said...

Doesn't Groucho need a cigar? Just kidding...very fun ornament!
Your retreat sounds grand---have fun!

MartinaM said...

Oh how beautiful the mini stocking looks, you did it very well.
It has also cooled down a lot here, especially in the morning it is already quite cold, but in the sunny weather in the afternoon it is good to go for a walk.
Enjoy the rest of the week
Martina

Clare-Aimetu said...

Be Merry is gorgeous, great finishing. You designed and stitched a lovely memento of your retreat.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
the little stocking ornament looks great. Madeleine will love it.
I wish you a lot of fun on your next stitching meeting.
It is a nice memory from your stitching group.
Have a nice day, Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

What a darling ornament you stitched and finished for your daughter's ornament, Vickie! Well done! She is going to love it. I know your next meet up with your stitching group will be a lot of fun. Happy first day of Fall!

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: The Groucho Marx stocking is positively adorable.
It is always fun to get together with stitching friends.
Have a wonderful time.
Love the Stitcherhood piece, what a treasure for sure.
Your tabletop display is lovely.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Catherine

marly said...

Sounds like ..... no ... WILL BE a fabulous time!

Donna G. said...

Cute stocking. I’ve stitched and finished one stocking. It turned out pretty good for my first attempt.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You did a fabulous job on the stocking, she will love it!
The Stitching design looks amazing signed by all your friends, what a lovely way to keep the memories alive.
The farmhouse retreat sounds lovely too.

Vicki said...

What a cute stocking!
Your framed retreat piece is such a sweet memento of the retreat. Sounds like you're a part of a great group of stitchers!
I'm quite envious of your open windows! I'm hoping it will cool down enough here to open windows overnight in a few weeks.