Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, May 19, 2022

 Hi friends!

The winner of the 🌼Homespun Collectibles🌼pattern is:

Lynda Ruth!

I have been stitching on a special piece for our beloved priest all week. He will be leaving us soon. 😢 He was with us only to fill in, until the priest who has been called to this position comes soon. His wife has been on total bed rest for over half her pregnancy and was told not to move during her pregnancy. So they have not. After they have their child, they will come here to Wisconsin, and Father Serafim will go back to the monastery where he teaches(Father Serafim is also a monk.). He has been with us almost one year now. He came when Father Dragan retired last year. I am very sad to see him go. We all are. He has been such a spiritual father to me. We go to weekly Bible study with him. He is SO intelligent. He has also personally counselled me, as I still suffer trauma from childhood abuse.

📚🎧I  finished listening to this audiobook by Adriana Trigiani. Oh my friends, have you ever read a book by Adriana and been disappointed?! I certainly have not! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this story. A multigenerational Italian AND Scottish! love story during WWII.

 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.  1Corintthians 10:13

I hope you all have a wonderful, stitchtastic weekend! Thank you for commenting. I appreciate that. You brighten my day with your friendship.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie







8 comments:

butterfly said...

Well done to Lynda for winning the chart .
Have a wonderful weekend Vickie.

Robin in Virginia said...

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Vickie!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

thanks Vickie, I sent you my address. have a great day

Karen said...

Thank you for the book recommendations!

Carol said...

I look forward to seeing the special piece you are stitching for your priest who is leaving, Vickie. I'm sure he will treasure it! Hope you enjoy the new priest when he takes over, too! Have a great week ahead ♥

Mary's Thread said...

Hi Vickie!
Our priest of 10 years is leaving this summer too. I feel like our parish will be bereft without him, he has been such a good pastor to us. But he knows he is following God's will for his life, and knows he should avoid getting very comfortable. We have the consolation and hope of meeting again in Heaven!Still I feel for you, it is hard to say goodbye to such an important person in your life! I look forward to be seeing the project you stitched for him!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what special piece you are making too.
It's hard when people move on even if you've only known them a short amount of time they can become very important to you.

Mary said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you are making for your special priest. It will certainly be sad to see him leave. He certainly made an impact on your life which is wonderful. Thanks for the book recommendation.