Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Grand Old Flag

 Hi friends! This is the patriotic piece I have been stitching on this month. ⭐Grand Old Flag by Blackbird Designs⭐ 

My friend Tammy from my stitch group borrowed me the pattern.

Thank you once again to Vonna for your tried and true flatfold tutorial I ALWAYS refer to. 💕 I stitched this with some of the called for GA, WDW and some VMSS and DMC, one over two on 36ct cream Edinburgh linen.

I am now stitching the July Ric Rac Row.

📣 Auntie Kathy update: She is doing well. She did have a complication after the FIRST resection surgery. She had an obstruction. Her intestine was twisted, she was vomiting and in horrid pain. The second surgery corrected the twisted intestine. She is up and moving around with the physical therapist four times a day. She is tentatively scheduled for release tomorrow. Let us hope things go as planned! THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR PRAYERS EVERYONE! 💕💕💕

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:2-3

I hope and pray you are all staying healthy my friends. Be safe! Thank you for stopping by.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





13 comments:

StitchThrifty said...

What a lovely finished piece. As a Fourth of July baby, I love this one.

MartinaM said...

I like your patriotic stitch very much and you have a perfect finish.
How nice that your aunt is doing better, I wish her all the best and will continue to take her into my prayers.
stay healthy, enjoy your Weekend, Martina

Shami Immanuel said...

The finished piece is lovey.

Manuela said...

Hi Vickie,
your newest finish ist so beautiful and adorable. I love it.
OH yes, Vonna makes good tutorials about fully finishes.
I wish all the best for your Aunt.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Mary said...

I hope the rest of recovery for your Aunt goes smoothly. I will keep her in my prayers. Love your latest stitch!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, I love your patriotic piece that you stitched and finished. Thank you for the update on your Aunt Kathy. Continuing to prayer for her body's healing from the surgeries.

Vicki said...

Thanks for the update on Aunt Kathy, glad she's on the mend. Will continue to pray for swift and complete recovery. Love your patriotic piece! And the poodle socks... I think they should make a comeback ;)

Maggie said...

Great finish Vickie, you did a good job on the flat fold, I've never attempted that sort of finish yet, it looks complicated.

diamondc said...

Vickie: I am so happy to hear about your Auntie, this is good news, I will still keep her and you on my Prayer list.
Beautiful design and finish.
It is so heart breaking that Barb Adams (Blackbird designs) passed away, I have had the luck of taking class's with both Barb and Alma.
Beautiful Scripture.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

Another beautifully finished piece, the flatfold turned out great.
Poor Aunt Kathy, I'm glad they were able to fix her up even though it meant more surgery.

butterfly said...

Good news about your Aunt .
Love your new stitch .
Enjoy a wonderful week .

Carol said...

This is SUCH a beautiful finish, Vickie--just love it! How is your Aunt Kathy doing now? It sounds like such a painful condition, but I hope she is home again and recovering. Prayers for your Aunt Patsy and family, Vickie. I'm sure you'll all miss her very much ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Vonna's tutorials are so good, it's nice to have a different way to finish things. Also nice to have a friend who lends you her charts!
Hope your Aunt is recovering well.