Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

👰🤵

 Hi friends!  Well the wedding was a success. The weather was....interesting! Yes, it did get to 60 degrees(briefly). The sun did come out briefly. It was mainly overcast, BUT BOY OH BOY, WAS IT EVER WINDY!🌬️ We had wind gusts up to 40 mph!! 💨During the ceremony!! EVERYONE looked windblown! And this was out in the country with nothing to break the wind.

So I will share the best of what little pictures we have. It was hard to get pictures when every member of the family is partaking in the ceremony!




Emerson and Madeleine







Jacob and I danced to Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up".  I was told by quite a few people that everyone was crying. Funny. I thought I was going to be sobbing out of control. Jacob teased me last week that I was going to ruin his suit. Ha ha. As I told our friend Carol, that while Jacob and I danced, we were so deeply, deeply talking of our love for each other, I did not even cry. I can't even  believe it! I am a HUGE crier. I love this son of mine so very much. We are just so very proud of the man he has become.

And here is the wedding verse Jacob and Kristen chose. They had it printed on the mugs they gave to everyone at the wedding:

That you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ    Romans 15:6

I hope to share better pictures of the bride and groom in the near future. 

Stitching and praying,

Vickie








21 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh Vickie, I was thinking of you on Saturday and hoping the weather was cooperating. You look beautiful! So nice to see your son, husband, and new DIL. There's just something about weddings...

Purple Pixie Dust said...

congrats to all your family. big hugs.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I LOVE your dress! I'm glad it was such a good day and you didn't cry all over Jacobs suit!

Stasi said...

Vickie, So glad the wedding went off without a hitch, in spite of the wind! You look beautiful...your son looks just like you. Now relax and enjoy the memories of that special day!!!

Georgia said...

O Vickie, thank you so much for sharing these beautiful pictures. What a handsome groom and a beautiful bride. You have a great looking family. And, your dress was perfect. I am so happy for you. I really like the idea of the cup with a Bible Verse too. Many blessings to you and yours my friend:)

diamondc said...

Vickie: Please pass on to the beautiful couple congratulations.
You all look so lovely.
I remember when you talked about your dress, it is beautiful.

Catherine

Barb said...

It looks like a wonderful day. You look so pretty in that dress and my best wishes and prayers for the lovely couple!

Honeybee said...

Aw! Congratulations! That shade of pink is lovely on you!

butterfly said...


What lovely photos , you all look so happy and I can feel the love .
You have a lovely family.
Your dress looks beautiful Vickie .
Congratulations to all.

Manuela said...

Congratulations to Jacob and his wife Kristen.
Thanks for sharing the photos.
Your look beautiful in your dress.
Have a nice day, Manuela

Marilyn said...

You have some nice pictures, you look so happy.
Congrats to the beautiful couple.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, thank you for sharing some of the moments of the wedding. The pictures look great and I am glad it went off smoothly even with the wind. What a beautiful verse Jacob and Kristen included in their day.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Such a beautiful wedding. They are truly a lovely couple. What a beautiful verse they chose for the wedding. Blessings to you and your beautiful family. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for sharing the photos, it looks like a lovely day. Your dress is beautiful, it really suits you. Pink obviously! I see Madeleine submitted to the cold and added a cardigan eventually! It's alright for the Bride and Groom, they have their love to keep them warm, the rest of you need layers.

Meg said...

Congratulations, Vickie! What a happy occasion for your family. I’m sorry it was windy, though. You look really pretty in your dress. Pink is a perfect color for you.

gracie said...

Dear friend, beautiful pictures of the wedding. Youlooked lovely. Looking forward to more pictures. Love to the newly married.

MartinaM said...

Very nice pictures of your family and you can see how happy you are. I wish Kristen and Jakob all the happiness, health and love for a lifetime. You are a beautiful groom mother and you can see the pride in your eyes.
All the best for you and your family too. Hugs Martina

Carol said...

Your son's wedding looks so beautiful, Vickie--and your dress is just the perfect shade of pink for you. Windblown or not, it will be a day you will always look back on with love. It is SO nice to finally see your family--I'm jealous of the height you all have :) I didn't cry at my son's wedding either--just got a bit teary eyed during the vows. We were the same way--chatting away with big smiles as we danced. Hope the young couple has a life filled with love and laughter ♥

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It looks a beautiful day. Thank you for sharing, Vickie. My congratulations to your son and his new wife.

Annie said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! So nice to see some lovely photos of your family <3.

Astrids dragon said...

Finally, I'm catching up and can comment on the wedding!
Such lovely photos and your dress is beautiful. The ones with you and Jacob are precious.
I guess the wind was better than having it rain?
Wishing all the best to the newlyweds, how did they like the sampler?