Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, June 11, 2020

June

Hi friends! I have to get you up to date on my latest finishes! First I will show you my June cubby shelf display.
And here is the 🐞June freebie by romyfrees.blogspot.com🐞
Since these are originally in Italian, and I make mine in English, there was space this month. I added the inchworm at the bottom.💚 June is my birthday month, and it always reminds me of being out in the backyard as a little girl. Climbing the apple tree, eating apples and looking for inchworms. I stitched this two over two on 28ct white Jubilee using DMC and WDW. The fabric shown is the backing material.

🧳🗽June Zooms by Bent Creek🗽🧳
I stitched this two over two with DMC on 32ct lambswool linen. I totally changed the colors on that suitcase. I liked it as it is on the pattern, if you can see it, but my suitcase, would never be green and brown! How about pink and brown! 💗🤎 I have never been to London or Rome, but I would love to! We have been to New York several years ago, and we loved it!

I am now stitching the engagement gift I would like to give to Jacob and Kristen.🥰 Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments and well wishes for them. These next four months will fly by I think!! Their October wedding will be here so soon!
👰🤵

“He answered: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” —Luke 10:27

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



15 comments:

MartinaM said...

Your June shelf looks fantastic, always nice to look at. The June pattern is cute, with the little ladybug and the strawberries.
The suitcase suits me very well, I want to go to Rome in the summer and I hope it works. Even with the restrictions, I will have a great vacation.
Have a nice rest week, Martina

butterfly said...

Love the June shelf looking so pretty .
Love the new stitching for the lovely month of June.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Enjoy your week , you have some exciting fun this year.

Manuela said...

Love your June cubby shelf. Both finishes are wonderful.
The pink suitcase is beautiful.
Some years ago I was in Los Angeles and San Francisco, but I never was in New York. One day I will travel to New York and Washington D.C.
Have a nice day my friend.
Manuela

Mary said...

I love seeing your cubby shelf. That June stitch is just adorable and I may have to do it as I think I have the perfect fabric in my stash for finishing. Love the addition of the inch worm! When I was first dating my husband we were walking in the woods and I walked right into an inchworm, it nearly went into my mouth. He wrote a cute poem about it, now I have to look for that! Love the June stitch as it has NY on it too!! That frame works so well for these monthly stitches.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your cubby shelf looks great, lovely June stitching. Happy birthday 🎂

Marilyn said...

Love that cubby display & the inchworm is too cute.
The pink suitcase is awesome.
Yes, the wedding will come up fast.
Marilyn

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Another two great finishes, Vickie. It's fun seeing each month's selection in your cubby shelf display.

Robin in Virginia said...

I enjoy seeing your cubby each month, Vickie! Well done on all you June pieces; that inchworm is cute. Be well, my friend!

Vicki said...

Seeing your cubby shelf is one of the highlights of my month. It's always fun to see what's being displayed. June Zoom is super cute - love the colors.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday
The cubby looks super for June
Sweet finish
Something exciting to look forward to. My daughter should have been married later this month, but it had to be cancelled.

Willy said...

Hej Vickie, your cubby shelf looks great. Lovely new stitchings. Have a nice day!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The June cubby is looking good, the little inchworm is adorable!
I love the pink suitcase, very Vickie. I have been to New York and London (obviously!) but never Rome. I had a tiger print scarf tied to the handle of my suitcase so I could easily spot it on the conveyor belt.

Barb said...

The cubby looks great and is almost full! Yes, October will be here before you know it. Both of my children got married the same year. My son's wedding was less work fore me than my daughters! Being the mom of the groom is mostly fun!

Astrids dragon said...

June's cubby looks great. I love the monthly addition, especially the cute little inch worm! As long as you didn't find a worm in your apple.
But of course your suitcase should be pink, it's adorable.
Fall will be here before you know it, how exciting for you all!

Lili said...

Lovely stitching and your cubby shelf is really gorgeous!