Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, February 24, 2020

Have a GREAT Day!

Hi friends! We have a winner for 'Happy Heart Heart Day'.
Image result for happy heart day the trilogy
I still draw the names the old fashioned way.😉 I write down every name that entered, and this time there were twelve friends that entered. Cut the names into little strips, fold them in half, shake them up good and pick one out. This time Madeleine chose. And the name she picked was: 
Image result for Jo

I am now stitching St. Patrick's Day patterns. What are you stitching?


Have any of you read this one? Wow. I highly recommend it. This is a story of family coming back together and a woman finding her way back home. In the interview with the author at the very end, Kristin said, "No story has ever affected me personally so deeply. No novel of my own has ever so consistently brought me to tears."
In this powerhouse of a novel, Kristin Hannah explores the intimate landscape of a troubled marriage with this provocative and timely portrait of a husband and wife, in love and at war. All marriages have a breaking point. All families have wounds. All wars have a cost. . . . Like many couples, Michael and Jolene Zarkades have to face the pressures of everyday life―children, careers, bills, chores―even as their twelve-year marriage is falling apart. Then a deployment sends Jolene deep into harm's way and leaves defense attorney Michael at home, unaccustomed to being a single parent to their two girls. As a mother, it agonizes Jolene to leave her family, but as a solider, she has always understood the true meaning of duty. In her letters home, she paints a rose-colored version of her life on the front lines, shielding her family from the truth. But war will change Jolene in ways that none of them could have foreseen. When tragedy strikes, Michael must face his darkest fear and fight a battle of his own―for everything that matters to his family. At once a profoundly honest look at modern marriage and a dramatic exploration of the toll war takes on an ordinary American family, Home Front is a story of love, loss, heroism, honor, and ultimately, hope.
“Hear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.” Psalm 86:1-4

I hope you have a wonderful week my friends! More snow headed our way. Are you having nice weather? I hope so.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

11 comments:

Georgia said...

Good Morning Vickie!

I enjoyed your blog today, your passage from Psalms warmed my heart. Thank you.

As for stitching, I have one large project that is part of a SAL (I work on it Monday-Thursday. But, the weekend is dedicated to a smaller stitch. I am working on Bent Creek's, "He is Risen." Quaker. I don't think I have ever done a Quaker before, but this won't be my last. I should have it done by Easter. I am just not sure how I will finish it yet.

Have a very blessed day, my friend:)

Stasi said...

Congrats to Jo! I just pulled the fabric and fibers for Shamrock Row by Bent Creek.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thank you Madeleine! I shal publically promise to stitch this for next year's Valentine Blog Hop. Now I can't wriggle out of it!

Margaret said...

I love your stitching in your last post (I'm behind in blog commenting again!) I haven't read that book -- I think I've only read one book by this author. As for stitching -- ahem. lol! I think about it, but I haven't tried to stitch again yet. Still knitting at the moment!

MartinaM said...

Congratulations to Jo for the beautiful pattern.
At the moment I only embroider on the known patterns. Manuela has now drawn number 1 for our fun campaign, which I will start in March.
Have a nice week, Martina

Manuela said...

Congratulation to Jo for this lovely pattern.
IN the afternoon I stitch on my tulips and in the evening I knit on my new sweater.
Ejoy the week. Manuela

Marilyn said...

Congrats to Jo!
I think the very bad storm passed us by.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations to Jo on the giveaway win! I look forward to seeing what you are working on for March. Thank you for the book recommendation! Enjoy your day and week, Vickie!

Ele said...

Congratulations to the winner! have a lovely day

Julie said...

Congrats to Jo on the win (and I did read her promise for next year LOL)

Carol said...

Congratulations to Jo! I pick my winners the same way, Vickie. There are rarely many so it seems the easiest way :) Hope your week is going well! It's raining here, but we have had some lovely warm, sunny days this week--can't wait until spring!