Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, September 16, 2019

🏫

Hi friends! Here is September-Schoolhouse🏫 from Rainbow Gallery, the 2005 Cross Stitcher's Surprise Series.🔔
I chose my own DMC colors and VMSS 1795 Tarnished Gold and once again omitted the charm since my finish is so tiny. I stitched this one over one on 25ct cream evenweave. It is now in the cubby shelf.

I am now creating a sampler of my own design! I have had a pattern floating around in my head for weeks and I just needed to get it out! I have never undertaken a design this big! I hope it turns out the way I envision it in my head! I am not very far yet. Just planting some grass.
Time for some more Koko and Yum Yum! I have told you all how much I love every single one of these books in this series.

The way Jim Qwilleran sees it, there’s nothing worse than being left high and dry. But that’s exactly where he’s been ever since a record-breaking drought hit Moose County. He’s bedraggled. Beleaguered. And, following a rash of fires at local historic mine sites, deeply bewildered. Some blame the blazes on bad weather conditions, but Qwill’s thinking arson. And when a mysterious explosion is followed by a blood-chilling murder, he starts seriously praying for snow—and answers. Good thing Koko can smell trouble a mile away...

Jim Qwilleran is enjoying his stay at the Nutcracker Inn in Black Creek. His two Siamese, Koko and Yum Yum, don’t seem quite as pleased with the accommodations...though Koko does enjoy keeping a keen eye on the squirrels and other local wildlife. Then, while Koko’s eagerly watching some jumping trout, he spots something else: a body floating downstream. When it’s revealed that the victim was a guest at the inn—and had nuggets of gold hidden in his shoes—Qwill dives into the case. And if he and the cats don’t solve it soon, they’re going to be up the creek without a paddle...


Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.  Psalm 51:10-11

Thank you so much for stopping by today my friends! I hope that you have a great week! I will be visiting the eye doctor this week.🤓 I hope I find some new frames easily. I have had these same frames for 7 1/2 years!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


20 comments:

MartinaM said...

The Schoolhouse has done well to you, I like it very much. I'm curious about your own sampler, I did not do that myself either. I keep my fingers crossed for you.
Have a nice week, Hugs Martina

Manuela said...

The Schoolhouse looks wonderful.
I like your idea and I can't wait to see the next progress.
Have a nice week my friend.
Hugs, Manuela

Marilyn said...

September is too cute, and appropriate for the month.
Can't wait to see your Sampler.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Stasi said...

September turned out cute! Looking forward to seeing what grows on top of the grass!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Schoolhouse stitch is adorable, Vickie! I am looking forward to seeing your sampler. Hope your trip to the eye doctor's goes well and you find a pair of cool frames!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I second with everyone else your Schoolhouse stitch is lovely. You have a blank canvas to work your magic on. Have fun creating. Every interested to see how those two books end. Big hugs

Meg said...

Cute schoolhouse stitch, Vickie. Do you enjoy stitching over one?

Good luck with the frames and with the eye doc appointment. I told my husband that the next time I need to pick new frames, I'd love him to come help me choose. I have such a hard time with that.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I can't wait to see your new design. Thanks for sharing your finish with us. Wishing you a great day sweet friend. :)

Halland House Gifts said...

So proud of you for creating your first sampler. It’s going to be a wonderful experience for sure. Can’t wait to see it. Happy Designing. Judy

gracie said...

Perfect school house for the cubby. Oh I cannot wait to se your design!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Vickie.

Linda

Barb said...

You are a brave lady for designing your own sampler!! Can't wait to see it!

marly said...

I'm sure you will create something wonderful!

Astrids dragon said...

Another lovely finish for the cubby!
Good for you for putting together a sampler. Will you make us wait until you're finished, or show us as you're stitching it?!
Nathan and I haven't gotten any farther than the first Cat, I'm thinking the fall will be a great time to continue!

moreofhim said...

I love your little schoolhouse! As always, your stitching is so beautiful! I can't wait to see your design come alive - I know it will be so wonderful. I have always loved the Cat Who books and have read them all at least twice. They are so delightful.

Praying you are feeling good!

Blessings - Julie

diamondc said...

Vickie: I love the school house, very sweet.
I lice Lillian's books, she has a knack for writing.
I have not read this one yet, I see it is at our library, I must check it out.

Catherine

Vicki said...

I am so impressed with your designer skills. I wish I could do that, but I don't have that particular creativity gene! Haha
Your September piece is very cute!

Carol said...

It will be such fun to watch your sampler grow, Vickie! I have no ability to draw at all so I admire those of you who can figure things out like charting a sampler :) Your little school is very cute and a perfect addition to your September cubby.

Did you find some frames you like?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a very cute piece for the cubby!
I love designing Samplers, haven't done one for ages though. Birth Samplers are my favourites.

Margaret said...

Love your September finish, and of course I know you are farther along on your design too! :D Hope you found some good glasses frames. It's hard to find new ones when the time comes, isn't it?