Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, January 21, 2019

💗🐩💗🐩💗

Hi friends! I do not have a finish to share with you but I do have something special to share. I found this wonderful corner shelf in excellent condition on FB Marketplace for a very good price. It is a great solution to display my finished cross stitch pieces here in the apartment. I am so pleased.😊 I now have all my Valentine pieces out and many of my pink poodles too!🐩
Isn't is wonderful?! I am so happy to once again have room to display my cross stitch!
I am always looking for a good book.😀 I was thinking a while ago about the series,The Cat Who... by Lilian Jackson Braun. I read the first 12 books in this series decades ago, and just never kept on. The kids were little, I think that had a lot to do with it. I decided to pick up where I left off. I recently read The Cat Who Moved A Mountain and The Cat Who Wasn't There. I am happy to say I enjoyed both of these books. I will be continuing right along with this series until the end. I do know that Lilian Jackson Braun is deceased now, so once I reach the end of the list, that will be it. I am only half way through the series though, so I am happy with that! It is a fun series. A good mystery with smart cats who help solve the problem in every story!

A murder in the mountains has Jim Qwilleran and his cats Koko and Yum Yum feeling on edge in this mystery in the bestselling Cat Who series. Qwill’s on top of the world when he rents a house on Big Potato Mountain. The owner, J.J. Hawkinfield, brought real estate development to the once-peaceful Potatoes. But Hawkinfield paid a steep price for his enterprise: He was pushed off a cliff by an angry mountain dweller. Qwilleran, however, suspects the man is innocent—and Koko’s antics have him convinced something’s wrong. He may be making a mountain out of a molehill...but he’s determined to find the truth. Even if it means jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire!

In this mystery in the bestselling Cat Who series, Jim Qwilleran takes a trip to Scotland and brings home a case that only his cats Koko and Yum Yum can solve... Qwill’s on his way to Scotland—and on his way to solving another purr-plexing mystery. But this time, Koko’s nowhere near the scene of the crime. He and Yum Yum are back in Pickax, being coddled by a catsitter...but Koko won’t sit still once Qwill’s traveling party returns—minus one member. He’s behaving oddly, and Qwill knows what that means: Koko may have been miles away from the murder scene—but he’s just a whisker away from cracking the case!
I am stitching up a Valentine piece right now. I still need to do that final finishing on my punch needle piece. I need some motivation.🙄

I hope you have a SUPER week my friends! I am so glad you stopped by. I appreciate your comments. You brighten my day!

Stay warm! It is REALLY cold here!

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” -Psalm 46:1

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

28 comments:

MartinaM said...

Well, there you have a real stroke of luck. The corner shelf looks great, and also offers enough space for all the magical little things.
Meanwhile, I also started listening to audiobooks when cross stitching or quilting, just gorgeous.
Yes - we have it here this morning -8 ° C - pretty icy, because I prefer to stay in the house. However, our rabbits feel quite comfortable with the temperatures.
Hugs Martina

butterfly said...

Love your corner shelf , my Mom had one I wished I had saved in now.

Love all you pink ornaments and stitching.

gracie said...

That shelving unit is perfect. I read all of "the cat" mysteries and loved the series. Sad it had to end.

gracie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marilyn said...

Great find!
I too am looking for a shelf to put my seasonal projects on for the LR.
FB Marketplace is a good place to look.
Love all of your Valentine finishes, so pretty.
Marilyn

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
a wonderful shelf for your corner. You have decorated it wonderful.
Here is it very cold, too.
Have a nice start in the new week and a big Hugs, Manuela

Willy said...

The corner shelf looks great with the cross stitch pieces.
Have a nice day!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous find in that corner shelf! It makes a wonderful way to display your pretty Valentines and pink poodles. Thank you for the book recommendation; have added it to my list! Enjoy your day and the coming week, Vickie!

Lili said...

Beautiful find!! You have such nice and wonderful stitched treasures!!
What's wrong with your punchneedle? Hope to see that soon!

Linda said...

The shelf looks great Vickie. My kittens would destroy it in 5 minutes. lol

Linda

Barb said...

Your new little corner piece is wonderful. I love all the beautiful things you placed on it. The decorating books always encourage putting a collection together as much as possible. You have done a great job! I hope it warms up and you have a great week!

marly said...

What a perfect piece for your treasures. Corner units are so nice for extra displays without taking much room. Good eye Vickie!

Vicki said...

I own that same corner shelf! My grandma had one when I was a kid, but when she died when I was 16 my mom wouldn't let me keep the shelf. I spent years looking for one and found one when I was in my 20s. Even though it's not my grandma's, it still brings back precious memories of her for me. Your stitching looks great on the shelf!

moreofhim said...

I love your corner shelf!! It's so beautiful and I love everything on it.

Oh! The Cat Who...books are SO good! I have read them all and re-read many of them over and over. In my opinion, they are classics. I'm glad you found them and are enjoying them.

It's really cold here, too, and it's hard on my arthritis so I'm having pain again. Prayers appreciated - especially for me to get my knee shot approved by insurance!

Praying for you as always, Vickie!

Blessings - Julie

RJ said...

Love your corner shelf Vickie. And it is PERFECT for your stitches. You have so many pretty ones for this time of the year. I hope 2019' is treating you well. I will write soon. RJ

Astrids dragon said...

What a treasure you found, perfect for all your sweet pieces! I like how the shelf is dark and you've brightened it up so nicely.
I want to say I've read one of those books, but now I'm not sure!

Ele said...

It's a lovely seasonal display you have there. Very sweet!

Margaret said...

I absolutely love your display shelves! They are wonderful, and your Valentines display is perfect! So you! As for the cold -- I'm freezing! I'm ready for spring already. lol!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Just love your Corner Shelf...that is so beautiful and all of your little cute adorable things on your shelves....I just love this.

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup

Stasi said...

Vickie, I couldn't tell on your IG post but that stitched "ball" on the middle shelf is fabulous.... perfect for you!!

Meg said...

Hi, Vickie!

I have been VERY behind on my blog reading/commenting lately. Please forgive me! Your Valentine shelf is awesome! How pretty! You know, I think I only have two Valentine-themed projects total. It's only recently that I started stitching more with the seasons, and changing up my decor to fit the seasons. I think it will be years before I have a beautiful collection like yours. By the way, your pink poodle figurine on the middle shelf is just adorable.

Happy end of January!

Carol said...

As I commented on IG, Vickie, I love your new find! I know how much fun I have with my kitchen corner cupboard and you have even more shelves to fill than my three :) You'll love it and your February Valentine and poodle shelf looks wonderful! Enjoy :)

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: What a great find, it is perfect, your items on the shelves look lovely.
I am a big fan of Lillian’s books.


Catherine

Mary said...

Vickie, I love your corner shelving unit, what a great find. Your display is lovely and I am especially interested in that square under the cloche. I am so impressed with the finishing of a cube like that. Sorry I haven't been around, I've been laid up since the end of 18. Mary

Julie said...

A shelf filled with such delights, it's perfect.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a fabulous shelving unit, perfect for displaying your stitching. You are going to have so much fun changing it with the seasons,
It was nice for us to have a little tour of some older finishes too. Fun to see which ones I remembered! Love the ball you made.

Mary's Thread said...

That is SOOOO pretty! I can't wait to see how you change it seasonally! But I LOVE the pink and all the Valentine stitches, especially that large Quaker ball! That's really cool!

rosey175 said...

Lovely little shelf! I don't like FB but I admit, browsing the marketplace can be neat. And dangerous. Having a seasonal display will be so cute! Nice to see the beautiful Quaker ball out on display.