Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, November 19, 2018

👨‍⚕️Jacob👨‍⚕️

Hi friends! I finished my Christmas ornament stitching last week, but I was HOPING to have had this ornament completely finished before showing you. But you know what? I can't stand waiting anymore!!!🤪

HERE'S JACOB!!!
What do you think? It was IMPOSSIBLE  to find a MALE NURSE pattern anywhere on this planet!!! I searched the internet my friends. In English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese....  Yes, I REALLY did! I could not find a pattern to buy or for free anywhere UNTIL this!! This actually looked like this:Click here   The pattern was designed to be a doctor. It took some redesigning by ME to make it into my Jacob the male nurse.

It has not been easy for me to stitch these Christmas ornaments! I make them as surprises for the kids, and the kids all still live here at home!! I give them in their Christmas stockings each year on St. Nick's. My goal is to get this ornament fully finished this week.

There are many free patterns available from this designer. If you would like to check those out CLICK HERE

I have been stitching up Madeleine's ornament also. Her's will be QUITE DIFFERENT!!😁 Ha! That is all I am saying for right now. She is still attending university. She is getting a studio art degree.

I received three entries for the Lizzie Kate Giveaway. Which means I received three pumpkin recipes. Two soup, and one bar recipe. Thank you my friends!

The winner of the Lizzie Kate Flip It November Stamp Pattern is:  Kaye! The pattern will be on it's way to you tomorrow!

Thank you for stopping by today my friends. I want to wish all of my American friends a Blessed Thanksgiving! May you all have a wonderful week!

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. -Proverbs 16:9

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

25 comments:

Carolien said...

You made a lovely ornament and it's unique now, isn't it?! Great job :)

Have a good week, dear Vickie <3

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Vickie, I think Jacob's ornament turned out great. Thanks for the link! Wishing you and yours a very blessed Thanksgiving!

Jenny said...

You did a wonderful job on Jacob’s ornament! It is an original now and I love it! Congratulations!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am just so thankful for you my friend! Sending hugs and love!

Linda said...

Jacob turned out great Vickie. Happy Thanksgiving.

Linda

Stasi said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Vicki said...

Love the ornament!
And I had a good chuckle over the Thanksgiving art at the end of your post - you find the post unique poodle images. Happy Thanksgiving!

Carol said...

Love the way you adapted the chart to fit your Jacob, Vickie! Does he have a beard? I know he will love it and good luck with keeping your ornament for Madeleine a secret :)

Happy Thanksgiving, Vickie! ♥

butterfly said...

You are wonder woman Vickie , what a great chart for Jacob.

Happy Thanksgiving have lots of fun.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

It looks awesome. I know he'll love it. :)

Julie said...

He's going to lovethe care and attention you gave to this to make it so special for him.
Happy thanksgiving x

moreofhim said...

I love your ornament! I think it's so special that you're making these to be so personal for your children. I love how you made that pattern all your own - you're doing a great job!

Blessings - Julie

Barb said...

What a cute ornament and you did such a great job of personalizing it. Love that postcard with the poodle and the turkey!

RJ said...

Love the way you made your own original design for Jacob. He will love his Christmas ornament so much. Have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving. RJ

Manuela said...

Wow, what a great ornament for Jacob. I like it.
I wish you a blessed and happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs, Manuela

Marilyn said...

You did good with finding a design for a male nurse.
It's great!
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!
Marilyn

Sandy said...

Great job on the nurse for your son. I am sure he will find it great. I am working on ornaments right now too. Not enough time for all I want to do. WE will see what I can get done.

Penny said...

I think you did an excellent job on Jacob's ornament, Vickie! I'm looking forward to seeing what you stitch up for Madeleine - good luck keeping it a secret. : )

Enjoy time with your family on Thanksgiving!

MartinaM said...

Hi Vickie,
Your Jakob looks class, it will be a great little present.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs Martina

Lili said...

Jacob is great!! Great ornament, Vickie!!
Hugs x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a fantastic personalised ornie for Jacob. Can't wait to see Madeleine's now.

Kaisievic said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Vickie and thank you so much for the chart - it is so very cute! So glad that you liked the pumpkin soup recipe. Jacob's ornament looks great and I am looking forward to seeing Madeleine's.

Mary said...

I think it's wonderful you stitched such a personalized ornament for Jacob. He will be thrilled with it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have created for Medeleine.

rosey175 said...

Great work on modifying the original pattern! It's crazy to think that there aren't any male nurse patterns out there! Jacob looks like a jolly one haha :D

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that the baking didn't bother you too much.

Margaret said...

I still think your version of Jacob is perfect! So cute! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Astrids dragon said...

I love how you personalized him, it looks great! I'm sure he'll be pleased, I can't wait to hear about his reaction when he opens it.
Yay, Kaye! Vickie, you'll have to let us know how the recipes are when you make them.