Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, February 19, 2018

Poodle Stitchin'

Hi friends! I have had to put BBD's Pumpkin Farm on hold for just a bit. I have had a pattern set aside, waiting to be stitched for over a year now. I knew I would be stitching it, I just did not know exactly when. Now is the time!! It is a gift and now there is a time crunch!  I will show you when it is done.

I have two Calendar Poodles to share with you from the SAL. The first is from our friend Vicki
She stitched up the February Poodle. Take a look!

Vicki is going to stitch ALL? of my poodles on one piece of fabric! I like the little addition of hearts Vicki.😘
Here is another February Poodle stitched up by our friend Betsy
Here is what Betsy said:This little poodle looks just like my friend Nita’s little girl, Sophie.  I have been taking care of Sophie while they were on a cruise for the last week. They got home late last night and I gave her this bookmark when they picked Sophie up. She was thrilled. I did have to outline the picture because the fabric I chose has a lot of dark flecks in it and it didn’t show up very well. You can’t see the flecks in this picture. Go figure. Anyway, thank you for the sweet little pattern. I enjoyed stitching it up for her. 
If you also have a Calendar Poodle stitched up, send me a picture, I would love to post it here!

I read a book called Good Soldiers. I am confident no one else here would be interested in it. I read it for the slight bit of information it held about my grandfather's 89th Infantry Division in World War II. I will be honest. I did not read the whole book. The whole title of the book is Good Soldiers: The History of the 353rd Infantry Regiment, 89th Infantry Division, 1942-1945 Well, my grandpa was in the 354th Infantry Regiment. So there is mention of them. They served side by side quite often. I learned some. It was interesting. I just wish there was a book somewhere with pictures OF COURSE of my grandpa's Regiment. I really wish my grandpa did not die when I was just a baby. I am told he adored me. His only grandchild.

Thanks for stopping in my friends. I hope you have a wonderful week! I have thanked God for you.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



21 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Interesting info you shared about the book and your Grandfather's regiment, Vickie! What lovely poodles stitches you shared from fellow stitchers! Have a good week!

Vicki said...

I can't even imagine how cool it must be to have other people stitching your designs. Awesome! Thanks for sharing...

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Betsy's poodle is so adorable. Thank you sweet friend for sharing our poodles. I look forward to March's poodle as well. Wishing you a most lovely day filled with many blessings. :)

Mary said...

Vicki, I think that is so touching that you read a book about your Grandfathers regiment. I'm sorry you were too young to have any memories of him. What a great photo with the poodle!!
I am so fortunate that I had both sets of grandparents in my childhood and it was such a special relationship. Although they have been gone for years I think of them often, they had such a great impact on my life. My dad was in the first group of the 10th Mountain division that trained in Colorado and Texas. I have a book and movie about them.

Love your poodle with the hearts, thanks for sharing your talent!!

gracie said...

The world will be full of Vickie Poodles! Wonderful thought.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
both poodles are very cute.
Best wishes Manuela

Julie said...

Your friends stitched up the little poodles so beautifully.
Xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great to see two poodle already!

Do you know how to add a Page to your blog? You could add each poodle there as well as in the blog posts so they are all together.

What's the collective noun for poodles I wonder? A puddle? A poddle? Hopefully not a piddle!

diamondc said...

Vickie: How wonderful you could read about your Grandfather when he was in the War, I find it amazing when I read about Soldiers in any war and the bravery they had.
Love the little bookmark so sweet.
I am totally in love with the black and white photo.

Blessings
Catherine

RJ said...

Vickie that is really a treat that you were able to read about where your
Grandfather served.

Look at the great ideas people are using to make your cute poodles. Great job! I look forward to seeing more. RJ

Halland House Gifts said...

What great stories you have shared with us. I look forward to seeing your birthday project.

Barb said...

The poodle of the month is such a great idea!! So interesting about your Grandpa, I didn't get to know either of mine, one passed before I was born and the other when I was just a baby. Too bad for both of us!

butterfly said...

How cute Vickie , love the poodles .

MartinaM said...

Hi Vickie,
Very nice, the two poodles are embroidered, I like the bookmark very well.
Hugs Martina

Carol said...

It must warm you heart to see your very own designs stitched by others, Vickie! Vicki and Betsy both did a lovely job :)

Still plugging away on The Invisible Wall! I think I can finish it tonight :) Hmmm... What to read next?

Penny said...

What sweet poodle stitches! It is a shame that you couldn't know your grandfather, Vickie, but I'm sure it was very interesting to read about his regiment. Hope you are doing well.

Анна Гончарова said...

Очень милая вышивка!!!

Margaret said...

So fun to see other poodles in the wild! Very interesting on the book too. Too bad you couldn't find a book on your grandfather's regiment.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely little poodles :)

Lili said...

Vicki and Betsy they did a lovely work, how sweet pieces!

Brigitte said...

Such a sweet idea to start this poodle-stitching SAL, Vickie.