Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, October 20, 2017

A Peek At The Pink

Hi friends! Busy, busy times.I have not worked on Moonlight Visitor at all. In one week we will be living in the apartment, so we have been packing and moving boxes over. The apartment is one mile away.😉 I do have a very few pictures to share with you. Not much so far, but I have had a LOT of requests to see the pink, so here you go!

This is a living room wall. This paint color is called New House White. It is the palest of the whites with red hues by Behr paint. It seems in the morning to appear totally white. I took this picture at it's pinkest. It did not even seem this pink in real life to me. I was surprised when I viewed it on the computer screen by the amount of pink showing up. (But I like it!!)
This is one of the first things I noticed about our apartment. Yes, I know. Such an important thing, right?😉 Brian said he never noticed this. I fell in love with these glass door knobs instantly. Our building is 150 years old.😍
I just love these locks. This is the boys' bedroom closet, complete with skeleton key still in the lock.

Here is our lovely, old medicine cabinet. It might be hard to tell, but the bathroom walls are painted Martha Stewart Magnolia Blossom ( a very pale pink).
When my Great Aunt Corrine died I got her kitchen table. NOT her kitchen chairs. My Aunt Kathy took those. Yes, took the chairs. When you are 22 years old, you take what you get.😉 So, after carting this antique table around for all these years, it was not in the best of shape. It is 104 years old now. Solid Maple. It was made by the Wisconsin Chair Company of Port Washington. Not far from here. So cool! 

Good thing our second son, Emerson is a carpenter hey?😁 It was all just surface damage. That young man sanded it all down, stained it all to match the original color and varnished it. TA DA!
I know. Not a good picture at all. I just don't have time and I only took the camera with me once to the apartment. I will get another one sometime soon. Really. Notice the leaf is in. We will keep it that way. We are more used to those dimensions of the table. The size compares to our present kitchen table which we are selling with the house.

The three chairs seen here are the ones I got for $5 a piece. They needed a little wood glue, and I put new fabric on the seats. I think they are cute. The three other chairs we bought are T backs. So a little mix and match. Oh well!
The grey vinyl flooring you see is in the dining area and the kitchen. The rest of the apartment has wood floors.

More pictures to come my friends! That is it for today though. I have been packing, packing and unloading, unloading. REPEAT!  It is nice that we live only one mile from the apartment. We can run loads of boxes over there when we fill up the car a few times a week. The BIG, final move is next Thursday.

I have been figuring out valances. I had some pink and some white linen in my stash already. I had to order some very pale pink linen. I went to JoAnn and bought some black linen. All the valances will be linen at this house. I have never done the same thing with my curtains or valances over the years at any of our four homes or our first apartment! I enjoy creating new styles.😊

Well, I must get back to packing. Then I will take a break and sew for a bit. For now the cross stitch sits on the side.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed a look into my new world. I always enjoy having you, so come again!

Sewing and praying,
Vickie



38 comments:

gracie said...

I love the apartment pictures. Love the table and chairs for the dining . Looking forward to seeing more of the apartment.

LaNelle said...

What a wonderful place to live with such lovely treasures❤️ Your table is gorgeous..you will enjoy many meals at it...Blessings on continuing move...

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Such a cozy space already!

MartinaM said...

Thanks for the first pictures, very nice looks the wall, and the glass handle is a real highlight. I love it too.
Greetings ans Hugs, Martina

Isabelle said...

You have a lovely appartment Vickie and I'm sure you feel here very cosy : this is so great :)))
Hugs from France,
Isa

Mary said...

Vicki, the first thing I noticed was that gorgeous door!! You are so fortunate that beautiful wood was not painted over and the knobs are the icing on the cake! How neat the keys are still with them.

Your son did a fabulous job on refinishing the table top and what a great buy on those chairs. Love the fun pop of color on the seats, that pattern fits perfectly.

Such pretty pinks you selected for your colors. It's going to be fun watching your home come together. Mary

marly said...

A lot of work but exciting! Looks like a charming home.

Stasi said...

This was a little walk down memory lane for me. I grew up in a house built around 1914 and we had the wood floors and doors with the glass knobs. Good quality and design never goes out!!! Love the apartment and how you are making it your own. Am interested in what you do with your valances. The table is lovely and I love that the chairs don't "match". Good luck moving forward....t's almost over!!!

Margaret said...

Everything looks wonderful! I love the subtle pink in the walls. Our house has glass knob doors too! As long as they work, they're great. lol! Beautiful doors! So great that Emerson refinished your table too. Perfect! The chairs too!

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, thanks for sharing the pictures of the apartment. I love the story behind your table and Emerson did a fabulous job revitalizing it. I look forward to seeing your valances. Enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend.

Tiffstitch said...

Great photos of the new place and hope the move continues to go smoothly!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

It's coming along so nicely. I can't wait to see it all finished, and I know you will be happy to be all moved, too. Love the table and chairs, so pretty. Wishing you a day filled with many blessings sweet friend. Happy Weekend, too. :)

butterfly said...


Great Photos , love the table and chairs and wow that door just wonderful.
The pink walls are looking great .
Wishing you and your family a wonderful new life when you move in hugs.

Linda said...

The wall colors look great Vickie. I so love your old table. I have two dressers that were my great Aunts and they are over a 25 years old. They are made of cherry wood. May I ask why you are moving to an apartment.

Linda

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
thanks for sharing the photos. Great picture from your appartment.
The table and the chair are very pretty.
Good Luck with your move next week.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Manuela

Vicki said...

Although I like the paint colors, I must admit that the door itself is what really caught my eye. Loved the close up photo of the doorknobs. Those doors are gorgeous! I also fell in love with the medicine cabinet. I'm so glad to see that you have a lovely new (to you) home awaiting you and your family.

It's great that you can move a bit at a time. I always want to move that way, but it's never worked out that way for us.

I'm eager for you to get settled in your new home and to start making new memories with your family and friends. Have Henry and Murphy been over there yet? What do they think of it?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love those door knobs! I would move in just for those. They look more Art Deco than Victorian, as does the slim style of the door. Very beautiful.
Do Americans call the mid to late 1800s the Victorian Era or is that our British colonialism at work again? We rule the world so every era must be named after our monarch!

Carolien said...

Dear Vickie,

Thanks for sharing bits of you new home. Lovely! Love it all and especially the door knobs and locks. And the pink is very good, subtle, lovely ... Good luck with it all!!!

Hugs Carolien

woolwoman said...

I had the same glass door knobs with skeleton keys in my grandparents little cottage I grew up in and lived my whole life until I was 50 yrs old. There is a certain charm in details like that. Can't wait to see more. Good luck with the move - Mel

Von said...

Thanks for the glimpse into your new home, Vickie!! Love your pink touches and the antique charm of the place. Good luck moving the rest of your things.

Angela Tucker said...

Another person that would LOVE to live in that apartment. Amazing doors, beautiful doorknobs, and over a bakery? Perfect! LOL And yes, the pink is perfect. SMILE

My husband and I bought our oak kitchen table in 1985. So many memories from meals at that table. I've thought about getting a new one, but I think refinishing is a great idea.

Thank you for sharing your apartment. We are like nosy neighbors that just need to see your decorating. LOL

Jenny said...

Oh Vickie...The door knobs! They are a walk down memory lane for me because I grew up with those very same ones in my parents home! Oh the memories! ❤️ I love the wood doors and floors and your paint colors? Absolutely perfect! You are turning this apartment into a lovely home....the table is just perfect...Emerson did a fantastic job!

Sending lots of hugs and love to you my friend!

Barb said...

I'm with you, I love those door knobs!!!! Take care with all the packing and moving!!

rosey175 said...

I love the door knobs too. That's how all of them were in the place that got hit by the tornado. There was a door that didn't function very well so I hunted all over to find replacement glass knobs for it. I found some, fixed the door, but kept the old knobs and meant to leave them when we moved out of the house. My mother didn't realize my intent and packed them so I wound up with something loved after all that mess! The landlords were happy to let me keep them.

Love the refinished table. Old stuff is best stuff!

But what I love the most about your pictures! The trim isn't painted! (!!!!) I really hate the new style of painting trim white. It takes so much abuse and shows every little scuff. Give me beautifully stained wood ANY day!

ricketyjo said...

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing! I love that door knob too, it's so unusual!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your walls look lovely and your table is gorgeous,that wood grain.You have a gifted son to bring it out so beautifully.

Lillie said...

Your apartment look wonderful. You son did a great job on the table. Hope the moving continue smoothly.

Hilda said...

My dear Vicky, your new place looks so friendly and warm already - and you are not even in, yet! I am sure you will feel at home there very soon .... surrounded by all these palest shades of pink! Love your old dining table and the chairs.

Good luck for the next week and your moving in!

Hugs
Hilda

Beth said...

Beautiful table! You are quickly making the apartment 'yours'.

Penny said...

It was nice to take a little peek at your new home! Love the glass doorknobs, and Emerson did a beautiful job on the table! Love the chairs, too! Looks like you are making a lovely home. : )

RJ said...

Vickie I love your apartment. They just don't make things like they used to back then. I LOVE those glass door knobs and the door is so pretty too. Your table is gorgeous and your chairs are so pretty. And I can see those slight pink walls...like a soft blush! You are making a lovely home. Congratulations! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Brigitte said...

I love those pale pink walls, Vickie. And the glass door knobs and the old table and chairs.
Have a smooth move tomorrow.

Pam in IL said...

I love seeing the apartment and the glass door knobs are so cool. I would have chosen variations of pink for my walls too ;)

Julie said...

Such treasures in your new home, its lovely.

Sweet Sue said...

wow, so many beauties to ohhh and ahhh over! hope your move goes smooth as buttah:) xo

Jackie's Stitches said...

That door and its knobs are amazing! How wonderful to live in a 150 year old place (and have none of the maintenance responsibilities).

Carol said...

How nice to have a carpenter in the family--the table turned out great and I love the fun fabric on the chairs! And mixing and matching chairs is very "in" right now--you didn't know you were a trend setter did you?!

Hope you are all safely moved now--I'm sure that has been a lot both physically and mentally...

Humaun Kabir said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.