Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, July 17, 2017

🐩

Hi friends! Here is an updated picture of where I am at on Forever Be My Always by Emma Congdon.
We had a nice birthday celebration for Emerson yesterday. He actually turns 21 on Thursday. Thank you for your birthday wishes for him.😊
The Baker's Daughter, by Sarah McCoy  is a novel I listened to last week. It was good, but I had a hard time getting into Reba, one of the two main characters. 
In this New York Times bestseller, two women in different eras face similar life-altering decisions, the politics of exclusion, the terrible choices we face in wartime, and the redemptive power of love.
In 1945, Elsie Schmidt is a naive teenager, as eager for her first sip of champagne as she is for her first kiss. She and her family have been protected from the worst of the terror and desperation overtaking her country by a high-ranking Nazi who wishes to marry her. So when an escaped Jewish boy arrives on Elsie’s doorstep on Christmas Eve, Elsie understands that opening the door would put all she loves in danger.

Sixty years later, in El Paso, Texas, Reba Adams is trying to file a feel-good Christmas piece for the local magazine, and she sits down with the owner of Elsie's German Bakery for what she expects will be an easy interview. But Reba finds herself returning to the bakery again and again, anxious to find the heart of the story—a story that resonates with her own turbulent past. For Elsie, Reba’s questions are a stinging reminder of that last bleak year of World War II.

As the two women's lives become intertwined, both are forced to confront the uncomfortable truths of the past and seek out the courage to forgive.
I see beautiful sunsets like these a few times a week out my kitchen window while I sit and stitch in the evening. I just love pink in the sky.❤️

Thank you, thank you, thank you for you dear words of comfort and compassion. I am so blessed to have friends such as you! How nice of you to take a moment and leave me a word, after little Mabel's passing. I read each and every one of those comments and they all touched my heart so very much. We are healing and crying less. Sure, we still wish we had our precious girl, but she suffers no more. Henry seems to be over his depression. God bless his little heart. He is trying to become buddies with Murphy. Since Murphy was adopted by us at 12 years old and is now almost 14 years old, he is very used to being a lone dog. We will see if little Henry can make a buddy out of Murph yet!😉

Stitching and praying,
Vickie
puppy Mabel


34 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your stitching is coming along beautifully Vickie,how lovely to stitch and watch such a gorgeous sunset.
I hope Henry's persistance wins Murphy over.It is lovely to see Mabel in your treasured photographs.
I hope you enjoy more stitching all week.

MartinaM said...

Wow, Vicky, your progress is quite amazing. It looks so beautiful.
I want you with all my heart, that Henry and Murphy are still solid friends and have fun with each other.
Big hugs, Martina

Manuela said...

Wonderful progress on your stitching.
I hope that Henry and Murphy will be solid friends.
Have a nice week.
Best wishes Manuela

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching, this is such a fun design do be working on.
Glad you had a great time at the birthday party :)

Stasi said...

FBMA is looking wonderful,such pretty colors! What a view for your evening stitching; the sky can produce such lovely pallettes.
Have a great week!

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, Forever Be My Always is looking fabulous. What lovely colors it uses! I enjoyed seeing your sunset and your plants. You have a green thumb, my friend. Enjoy your week!

Mary said...

Beautiful sunsets are always so uplifting to our spirits. Your pink sunset must have made you smile. Your stitch is almost there!! Great work. Mary&RJ

Maggie said...

Lovely stitching and flowers.

Happy 21st to Emerson, glad you enjoyed the party.

Have a good week

Karyn said...

Your stitching progress is beautiful, and it's coming along nicely. I just love the colors, Vickie.
I'm so glad that Emerson's celebration was fun, I can't believe he's 21...where does that time go?
I'm glad to hear that peace is settling into the loss of Mabel, though I know the loss with always be with you, it does get less painful. Her puppy pic is just so sweet...made me smile. I'm glad to hear that Henry seems to be "adjusting" as that is always a concern...give him a big kiss for me!
Have a blessed day

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

What an absolutely beautiful view to stitch by. "Forever Be My Always" is coming along so well. It looks like you are getting closer to the end. I hope Henry can wiggle his way into Murphy's heart a little more. Have a nice day. --Andrea

Pull the other thread said...

Love your stitching, such a sweet piece. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos. Glad to hear the pain of your lose is a bit more manageable.

Linda said...

Awesome progress Vickie.

Linda

gracie said...

Wonderful progress on the project. I hope Henry does feel better, poor baby. Love the flowers and gorgeous sky.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love Emma Congdon's designs.
What a coincidence that you used the word "compassion" in your post as that is Gracie's word of the day.
I do hope the two boys become closer now, they must miss Mabel too.

woolwoman said...

Since I don't have time to read - I'm enjoying your book synopses.
Your stitching is lovely - wow that pink ruffled day lily is gorgeous - PINK of course ! never seen one like that and it's lovely. Glad your poodlemates are coming along well. Hope you see many more lovely "pink" sunsets this summer. Mel

RJ said...

This is such a lovely stitch Vicky. I really love the colors..they pop in such a pretty way. We are now in Colorado of our two month trip and I finally have been able to use a computer at this hotel so I wanted to drop in and say hello. I have tons of reading to do to catch up with what everyone has been doing. I was so sorry to read about Mabel. I know this was a terrible loss for you. Thinking of you. RJ

Margaret said...

I enjoyed The Baker's Daughter, as I recall. It was a while ago though. Poor Henry. I do hope Murphy accepts Henry's friendship. Love your stitching progress. It's a pretty piece. Happy early birthday to Emerson!

Brigitte said...

This is such a great project and I love to see it grow.
I hope that Henry and Murphy will become fiends soon. It would be great for little Henry.
Your flowers are just gorgeous, Vickie.

Brigitte said...

... and Happy Birthday to Emerson!

moreofhim said...

Loving your stitched piece! You're really making progress. The flowers are gorgeous, too. You have such a way with plants. Continued prayers for you!

Blessings - Julie

Jenny said...

Hi Vickie,
Happy Birthday Emerson! Enjoy your day!
Vickie...your stitching is just lovely and you are making great progress! Every time I see this sampler it makes me smile! I love the colors and the saying and well...just everything about it!
The flowers are so pretty as is the sunset! I love to sit on my front porch, in my rocking chair, and watch the sunset! When Andrew was little he would always remind me that " God sure painted a good one"...
I love the picture of Mabel!
Sending hugs and love!

Maggee said...

You have stitched lots on that piece for Brian. It looks great. I like the piece...going to check if it has any backstitching. I don't like to do that. At all! Of course, sunsets are beautiful! Can't really see them at my house, but the clouds are sometimes gorgeous! I hope Henry wins over Murphy... not good to be housemates that don't play together! Hugs again!

Cindy's Stitching said...

a beautiful piece. Love the flowers.

Hilda said...

That must be amazing, Vicky, sitting at such a wonderful stitching work and watching this sunset. I hope you will have many sunsets that beautiful in this Summer!
Sweet little Mable-Puppy ....

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs
Hilda

Lili said...

Lovely project, Vickie!
How pretty photo from the sunset.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday wishes to your young man, wishing him all the best for the future.
Beautiful stitching and such a splendid sunset for you to enjoy. Mother nature is so stunning at times.
xx

Our photos said...

Lovely dog, Suzi.
http://suzi7.blogspot.nl

Meari said...

Forever is turning out so nice, Vickie. So sorry to read about Mabel. She always reminded me so much of a poodle I had named Henry. Cute puppy photo. :)

Angela Tucker said...

Your flowers are so beautiful. And I love pink sunsets, too.

You are in my thoughts. It is never easy to lose a loved one. I miss George terribly. I know that it will get better, but for right now, I will allow myself to grieve...

Penny said...

Happy birthday, Emerson! Your anniversary piece is so pretty, Vickie - I love the colors! And speaking of colors, your flowers are beautiful! I haven't done very much at all in the way of gardening this summer. Poor Henry, I hope his persistence pays off.

Carol said...

Hope Emerson is enjoying a very Happy Birthday today!! 21! Wow--that seems like so long ago :)

Your Forever piece is so pretty and I'm sure it's a joy to stitch with those colors, Vickie. I had Baker's Daughter on my reading list, but haven't gotten to it yet. There are just way too many good things out there to tempt me!

Have a lovely week--I hope each day is just a bit easier without your sweet Mabel around. (I remember thinking I "saw" our black cat Shadow for months and months after he died).

Beth said...

Lovely daylilies, I am glad you and Henry are healing. It will take time.

Sally said...

Your WIP is beautiful Vickie. Such gorgeous, rich colours.

Happy 21st birthday to Emerson :)

I am so sorry to read about Mabel. Sending you hugs.

Sok Sareth said...

I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
And i’m glad reading your article.
But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
the articles is really great : D. Good job...

ผลบอลพรีเมียร์ลีก