Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, February 13, 2017

Such Sweet Friends

Hi friends! What a mail day Friday was! I do not know what I have done to deserve friends like you?! I received THREE packages from three different friends! Thank you first to our friend Gracie. She sent me a surprise package.
I am thinking of what to use my sweet, white poodle for. I am tempted to make myself a poodle skirt and ditch my jeans. What do you think?! ;) Have you seen the lovely tatting that Gracie does? She created this tatted Ice Drop! I love and admire it! It is so very pretty.
Gracie included a  little, pink notebook that will be put to use. And I get to build a snowman! How cute those buttons are! I never saw these before.
Have a look at this special angel coin. It is wonderful and so different.

Speaking of different!! Now I have not seen chocolate peppermint Roadrunner poop before! Or a Roadrunner using the outhouse! HA! Thank you again Gracie!
Our friend Angela sent me pink goodness! Two sweet pink fabrics and this cute ribbon also.
Thank you Angela!

Our friend Stasi sent me this strong needle minder. Stasi sent me this just for being a faithful follower. Well thank you Stasi! 😇
Book number 9 in the Maisie Dobbs series! Elegy for Eddie was a very good book. Eddie happens to be a "mentally slow"man. He was murdered. You find out he was sometimes picked on in life. It was bothersome for me. As it should be for anyone I hope! My brother Michael is one year younger than me and is "mentally slow". I grew up trying to protect him, because unfortunately there are many people in this world who, for some reason, just like to pick on or bully people. It unfortunately does not stop in adulthood. Michael has lived with my mother his entire life. She watches over him. People can be unkind, and take advantage of him even. Well anyways, sorry. The book! The book is great!

In this latest entry in Jacqueline Winspear’s acclaimed, bestselling mystery series—“less whodunits than why-dunits, more P.D. James than Agatha Christie” (USA Today)—Maisie Dobbs takes on her most personal case yet, a twisting investigation into the brutal killing of a street peddler that will take her from the working-class neighborhoods of her childhood into London’s highest circles of power. Perfect for fans of A Lesson in Secrets, The Mapping of Love and Death, or other Maisie Dobbs mysteries—and an ideal place for new readers to enter the series—Elegy for Eddie is an incomparable work of intrigue and ingenuity, full of intimate descriptions and beautifully painted scenes from between the World Wars, from one of the most highly acclaimed masters of mystery, Jacqueline Winspear.
I will share an updated picture of Valentine Rose next time as this post is rather long. I will be stitching on it all week.

I hope you have an excellent week my friends! Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


29 comments:

gracie said...

I am happy your package arrived. Just because.....you visit my blog regularly and always have kind words for me. You are a wonderful friend.

Mii Stitch said...

Great gifts!!
Love the Downton Abbey needleminder! I'm currently watching the series (yet again!) while stitching :)

Margaret said...

What lovely gifts! I've always been curious about tatting. Hope you are doing well!

KimM said...

Aren't stitching blogging friends the greatest?? Lovely gifts for a lovely lady.
xxx

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely goodies you received, Vickie! That tatted crystal is so pretty. Hope you had a relaxing weekend and a good week ahead. Thinking of you!

Hilda said...

Very lovely gifts for you. You deserve such wonderful friends, my dear Vicky!

Hugs
Hilda

butterfly said...


Wow lovely gifts for a lovely lady .
Enjoy them all sweet friend , bloggers are just wonderful friends.

Manuela said...

So wonderful and lovely gifts from your friends.
Best wishes Manuela

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

How lovely to receive three gorgeous gifts all a once,I love the flamingo fabric and the pretty tatted ornament.

Justine said...

What lovely gifts you received Vickie...stitching friends are the best!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Such lovely gifts from your sweet friends. Oh yes, I think you need a poodle skirt!

Wishing you a lovely day. Blessings always sweet friend. :)

Linda said...

Lovely gifts Vickie.

Linda

Julie said...

Such delightful gifts your friends sent. Gracie's tatting is so beautiful.

Kaisievic said...

Such lovely gifts, Vickie. Such generous friends but you deserve to be spoilt.

marly said...

As soon as I saw the applique I pictured it on a pink sweatshirt. Lots of nice gifts for Miss Vickie!

Lillie said...

Enjoy your wonderful and lovely gifts.

Lili said...

Beautiful gifts, Vickie!!
My idea for the poodle appliqué is to add it on a t'shirt ;)

Happy week!

Kay said...

You lucky lady, three gifts in one day. I love the needle minder. x

Penny said...

Some very lovely and interesting gifts (the mints). : ) And I would love to see a poodle skirt!

De borduurvrouw said...

Oh received suchlovely gifts. Love the needleminder of Downton Abby, I used to be such fan. You're lovely spoiled but you desere it. Love and greets, Nienke

Brigitte said...

Wow, three packages in o ne day, that is not bad at all. I can easily imagine how thrilled you must have been when you were opening them one after the other. Enjoy all the goodies that were sent to you.

CJ said...

Hello Vickie -

I have not been on my blog much, but I can always count on you to visit. Thanks for the sweet comments. Congrats on your lovely gift you deserve it. I am now intrigues by Maisie Dobbs. I love a good cozy mystery and I am constantly searching for authors. Can't wait to give her a try. Hope you are doing well.

CJ

Sarah in Stitches said...

Ooohhh, these are great goodies! Enjoy :D

Barbara said...

What lovely gifts for a lovely lady.

laceystitcher said...

What nice gifts you received from some very thoughtful friends - so nice. I have always disliked bullying; I don't understand why anyone would want to do it, I assume they feel powerful when they do mean things to someone else who can't defend themselves. It is so wrong. I am currently reading the 2nd book in the series; haven't had as much reading time as I would like so I hope to get back to it soon. Hope you had a good day. Happy stitching and reading.

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: So sorry for the late comment, it is nuts here.
Love the gifts Gracie sent you she is such a sweetheart, the tatting she does looks amazing.
The Scripture you posted is one of my favorites, I just wish the whole world could live and follow it.
Oh my goodness you are reading so much, I love to read.

Blessings
Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

What sweet gifts, especially the poodle! You are blessed.
So sad that bullying carries on into adulthood, I guess some people never grow up.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What wonderful gifts from your friends. The kindness of our community is lovely to see.

♥ Nia said...

You've been a lucky girl!! :D How lovely from your friends :)
I've been doing little puppies in amigurumi, but no poodle yet... when I get a pattern of a poodle, I sure will have to make it for you :D heheheheh
Catching up on the blog world!!! I'm so behind here :p but now I will visit you more for sure!! :D