Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, January 20, 2017

🐩

Hi friends! First, let me tell you I had the Botox shots yesterday afternoon. They felt like bee stings.All 31 of them in my head. Then I had a headache from the shots all night. The headache seems to be reduced today. It takes a few weeks to feel the results of the Botox. Thank you for your prayers and care my friends.♥

While I am waiting for my special linen (from the second place I ordered from) for my big start that I want to begin on AotH, I am making very good progress on 'Forever Be My Always' By Emma Congdon.
Two over two on 28 count linen
 I was recommended a book by a friend last month. The book is:  The Prime:  Prepare and Repair Your Body For Spontaneous Weight Loss by Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary. No, I was not recommended it for weight loss. The author/doctor actually was suffering migraines and was seeking ways to get rid of them, other than prescription medications. This author is Indian. She has gone back to her roots and gives some information and tips that I am willing to try. Not necessarily for weight loss, but for healthier living. This book did make me think a lot. It helped me to understand many unwise decisions Americans make with food that we never realize, or think about. Beyond obvious things like fast food and sugar.

 Integrative neurologist Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary discovered a beautiful side effect to the eating and lifestyle tools she gave her brain patients--spontaneously shedding excess pounds. In this, her first book, she shows us how to sharpen the brain, and smarten and heal the gut. Weight gain is not about the food, but about the body’s environment. Excess weight is a result of the body being in a toxic, inflammatory state. If your body is not prepared or ‘primed’ for weight loss, you will fight an uphill biochemical battle.  Her program is not about what you can't have or do, it's about adding simple teas and herbs, and succeeding without giving up any foods you love. With The Prime, Dr. Chaudhary has reverse engineered our way of eating, so we can stop dieting backward and start losing weight instead. You'll learn:

--The importance of neuroadaptation, food addiction, and the brain (or, why your brain and gut have made it so hard to lose weight in the past!)
--Why it’s not about what you eat, but what you digest
--How to determine if you have a Leaky Brain—and what The Prime can do about it (hint: everything)
--How to easily crush cravings (no willpower required), ignite energy and fat, and biohack your lifestyle habits.

Lastly, you’ll learn how to live fully Primed, the secrets of the Super-Primed, and when you’re ready to explore new foods, how to eat according to your unique constitution.

PREPARED TO LIVE AT YOUR PRIME?
We will have a bit of warmer weather this weekend. Lots of melting snow means twelve dirty, muddy poodle paws to constantly keep clean this weekend. ;)

Thank you so much for stopping by today my friend. Thank you for praying and thinking about me when I had those Botox shots. I appreciate you!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


32 comments:

De borduurvrouw said...

Hi Vicky, I am so glad your headache seems to be reduced! I hope the process will continue this way. You did a nice job stitchting, you go very fast.
Yes the way we eat is very important for our bodies. Last year I stopped eating sugar and as a result of that I lost 33 lbs. But above all, my body feels like a whirrig little machine without any interuptions.

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, I continue to pray that this treatment help to reduce or totally rid you of the headaches you have been suffering. Your Forever piece is looking good. Have a peaceful weekend!

gracie said...

Oh so many injections! I truly hope this works for you. I wish I could be better with what I eat...no will power!

Jenny said...

Love your Forever Vickie! It is just beautiful! This will be a lovely gift and a treasure to remember your special day!

Praying for great results with these shots!

I too am waiting on the mail! I ordered a pattern that I have loved for years....will send a pic when it arrives....hopefully soon! It will be awhile before I will stitch it but just looking at it will make me happy😊

Hugs my friend!

Mii Stitch said...

Pretty stitching update Vickie!

butterfly said...


Love your stitching .

Wishing that you feel much better in the weeks to come , sending hugs & kisses.

Cindy's Stitching said...

the colors in Forever is really pretty. Have a good weekend

Manuela said...

Wonderful progress. Your stitching looks pretty.
Happy Weekend, Manuela

Annie said...

At least the shots are done. Hope they work!

Forever is looking good!

Linda said...

Glad to hear that the shots might be working Vickie. Nice progress.

Linda

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your stitching is coming along beautifully.Here's hoping your headache keeps reducing.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

So thankful your headaches are getting better. Keeping you in my prayers sweet friend. :) Oh I love what you are working on. It's so pretty. Blessings to you always sweet friend.

Margaret said...

Continued prayers that these botox shots will work for you. They do not sound like they were fun to get! Love your WIP -- very pretty!

Halland House Gifts said...

I'm so excited with your current results, Vickie. The Prime sounds very interesting. I'm not anti Rx by any means, but when my health is off my first thought is food. The food I eat and don't eat make a huge difference in my health. Blessings.

marly said...

Sounds good! Glad there was no problem with the injections. Hope the pain continues to diminish. I guess I should read that book, as I sit here with chocolate zucchini bundt cake.

laceystitcher said...

I had been watching for a post from you to see how you were feeling. I didn't realize that it would be so long before you see results. I hope each day gets better. Thinking of you..............

Penny said...

The shots don't sound pleasant -- glad they are over with. And I hope you get good results from them. You're making nice progress on Forever -- it's going to be so pretty!

Good luck with all of those muddy little paws. : )

Christina said...

Nice progress. Continued prayers that your headaches subside.

Bea said...

Great progress on your stitch piece.

I like the sound of your book - we've done a lot of things to mess up our food, and ourselves along the way.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching progress! I really hope those headaches ease up soon :D

Carolien said...

Hwllo Vickie,

Oh I hope the shots will help!!! We pray for a good outcome ...
Love your stitches :)
That book must be very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Have a good weekend & hugs across the ocean,
Carolien

Kaisievic said...

Oh, I so hope that the Botox treatment works for you. That books sounds fascinating.

Von said...

Oh you got the shots! Praying they are effective and I look forward to hearing more about the some of the changes you make in your diet. :)

Sweet Sue said...

TY for sharing this book, very interesting and worthy of looking into further. Sending hugs and warm wishes that shots are helpful, you are very brave my friend... xo

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: Congratulations on getting the shots finally, I am still including you in my daily prayers to make sure they work and your headaches go away.
Love your stitching, it is lovely.
The book sounds wonderful, I am going to have to do a little research on it, I am curious.
Love the poodle photo so cute.

Blessings
Catherine

gominam said...

I hope you will be feeling much better soon. Lovely stitching as always.

Lili said...

Wonderful stitching! I hope that the treatment works for you! Hugs!!

Brigitte said...

I do hope the botox injections work for you and the headaches get more and more reduced to a point where you can do all the things you couldn't because of them.
Wonderful progress on your Forever piece.

Maggee said...

Hope the shots take effect sooner than later! Hugs!

Julie said...

Hoping the coming weeks see a marked deterioration in the pains you have been feeling and the bottox works.
xxx

Astrids dragon said...

Praying the shots are working for you and that you've had a good weekend.
Lovely stitching so far!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope the injections are starting to take effect by now, sounds uncomfortable to say the least!
Love the new sampler. Have you seen the Quotes one she is selling to raise money for Mind? Only £1.99 a section. 9 sections in total.