Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, September 19, 2014

Poodle Silhouettes

Hi friends! Warm days and cold nights here. The squirrels are very busy around here. :)

I took a break from stitching up Winky and worked on a small quilt to hang in the front room on my candle screen. I have been wanting to make up poodle silhouettes for a few years now. I used this idea I found here. This is the first time I have done reverse applique. I purchased the blue solid cotton and the pink ric rac. All the prints are from my stash. :)
 Perfect? No. But I don't always have perfect work and finishing. ;) I love the way it looks though. :)
Our JoAnn put the variegated DMC on clearance. I grabbed up every color I liked. They were 25 cents a piece. :)

I read The River by Beverly Lewis this week. A very enjoyable read, as always. She is truly a talented author. I have now begun Good Call by Jase Robertson.

I am so excited! A brand new Hobby Lobby just opened this week in our village! whoo hoo! Love it! :) Couldn't find a frame for my French Knot Henry there though. Yeah, still looking for one.

Well, back to Winky. He is almost done. Then I will make myself finish it off into an ornament right away.

If any of you are in need of prayer, let me know. I pray for friends every day. ♥

Take good care of yourselves my friends! Their is only one you!! ♥

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

24 comments:

Jacqueline Morris said...

Oh my your poodle design is adorable, I love everything about it... very pretty colored fabrics too :)
Smiles to you hoping you have a wonderful weekend :)

Trace4J said...

Love love how your dear poodles turned out.
Looks perfect to me.
Thanks for sharing the good reads.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Woolie hugs

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your poodle quilt is very neat and very original Vickie, i love it and you know what the quilt police aren't always right.

diamondc said...

Totally love the Poodles, what a lovely idea.
Love the colors so fresh.

Blessings
Catherine

Margaret said...

Love the poodle silhouettes! Very nicely done! Hooray on the DMC -- and lucky you that a Hobby Lobby opened close to you! The closest to us is at least an hour away. Sigh.

Mouse said...

ohhh that is sooo cute and love your finishing of it too ... well done on the DMC a real bargain ... noooooo to the Hobby Lobby .. quite jealous ..lol we have Hobby craft here similar but not as good ... love mouse xxxxx

KimM said...

The silhouettes are so pretty! Well done!!!!
hugs
xxx

Carol said...

Such a cute way to honor your love of poodles, Vickie! Love those colors you used... Lucky you on the Hobby Lobby opening. We have one about 35 minutes away, but I get nervous driving in the traffic down that way so I rarely go... Good luck with the frame search!

Andrea said...

Oh, how clever. A beautiful quilt.

Barbara said...

Vickie, I have never attempted the reverse applique method and yours looks great!
Blessings

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful..
I love it so much
Sweet hugs x

Cindy's Stitching said...

That is just beautiful. I love the fabric colors. What a great idea.

Annie said...

Perfect rendition of your poodles. Reverse applique is so cool. And great score on the DMC!

Annette-California said...

So beautiful Vickie! WOW!! The fabrics and reverse quilting look amazing. I am in awe. Great bargains on the floss! Our local JoAnns does not carry the varigated DMC's. I'm happy you got such a great deal on them.
love Annette

blue star stitcher said...

What a great idea for the poodle silhouettes. I love the fabrics you chose for it, and the pink ric rac was a nice trim for it.

Kaisievic said...

How gorgeous is that poodle quilt? Just perfect for you.

Анна Гончарова said...

Очень оригинальные собачки!

Ele said...

Dear Vickie,

this quilt looks very beautiful, I like these colours, your Love for poodles are so great.

Hugs
Gabriele

Maggee said...

Not bad for a first applique. My attempt was okay too, but the binding didn't work out (thus, no one ever saw it on my blog). Beverly Lewis books are always good. Try Nancy Moser too--she's fabulous! WE are having a new Hobby Lobby open this weekend! Wonder how it will be different from Michaels and AC Moore? Hugs!

Lumiruusu said...

Thank You Vickie to visit my blog again and thank for the sweet and kindly comments You llways leave :) The Poodle Potraits are both stunning-I have never done any kind of quilting apliquee,patchwork etc so I really ,really admire your sewing skills :)

Michelle said...

What a lovely idea Vickie xx

Sally said...

Your poodle quilt is adorable Vickie.

Brigitte said...

What a creative idea. These silhouettes are looking so good.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The silhouettes are amazing! They are a great likeness of the dogs.