Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, July 21, 2014

A Sweet Surprise

Hi friends! A sweet surprise arrived in the mail for me yesterday. All the way from Canada. Our dear friend Anne sent me a few lovely, belated birthday gifts.
Anne crocheted me a fabulous, pink cup cozy. Madeleine actually put it on Henry for a scarf! The poor 6 pound boy! Not very macho. And yes, you read that right. He is now 6 pounds. When he came to us he was 4 pounds. The vet said he was too skinny and needed to add weight. :)

Anne also included a lovely Crescent Colours 'Clay Pot'. Her friend made that sweet bird card.:) And I am happy to announce to you that I have finally had a black tea that I like! This is from Anne also. It is called Cream Earl Grey. It has the prettiest purple bergamot petals in it too. :) Thank you again Anne.♥

Yesterday was our dear Emerson's 18th birthday! We had the family over for cake. He wanted marble cake. I made a chocolate pudding type frosting for between the two layers. I frosted it with chocolate cool whip to keep it lighter. Had to make my own chocolate cool whip. Can't find it anymore.
I finished reading A Man Called Blessed by Ted Dekker. This is the sequel to Blessed Child. Another older book by Ted. And another one I recommend. I really enjoyed it. :)

Tomorrow morning I am subjecting myself to more pain and torture. When I had an exam from the pain management PA two weeks ago, she pressed on my outer, upper thighs. I thought I might scream. YIKES! She said I should not have pain there at all, and that is unusual. She says those are my bursa. What?! They are fluid filled sacs that cover your joints in your body. So I am having cortisone injections tomorrow by the doctor in both hip bursa. I hope and pray this takes away the pain completely in my hips. She said it will do nothing for my back pain. I understand that. I am willing to try this. ONCE at least. I hate to go through the whole sedation/IV thing, so I opted not to tomorrow. However, I tend to get myself worked up ahead of time. I do not want to, I just kinda do it. So now my stomach is starting to hurt. I am second guessing that decision.

If you care to, would you please pray this goes well for me and ACTUALLY WORKS? I will take pain relief of any kind!! I would love for the pain to go away for a few months. That is a possibility. Thank you!

I am so glad you stopped by today.  Take good care of yourself! There is only one you!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie
Two poodles on Winky Watch(Madeleine's parakeet).












30 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the little bits your friend sent to you, although poor Henry hehe. Good luck at hospital, will keep you in my prayers.

Jacqueline Morris said...

Sending warm wishes and happy thoughts ans smiles wishing everything goes ok at the hospital.
Oooh Emerson's cakes looks really delicious :) mmmmm
What wonderful stitching friends you have ... enjoy your gifts.
Smile :)
xx

Margaret said...

I am sending lots of good wishes and prayers for you for tomorrow. I'm the same way -- I always work myself up. It's so hard not to. Try to relax tonight and keep your mind off things if you can.

Love your gifts from Anne! Lovely! And amazing that the cup cozy fits Henry! Such a tiny boy! Love the pic of the pups too!

Annie said...

Great birthday gifts from Anne.. something a little different!

Your cake looks luscious! I love that kind of icing.

Sending lots of positive energy your way. Do a little stitching tonight to relax!

marly said...

I'm sure it will go well tomorrow but I understand the anxiety. I hate sedation too so I refused it for my colonoscopy. My sister and brother have received those injections and other types without sedation and they would do it again. Let us know how you're doing!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I understand your anxiety about tomorrow. I'm the same way and it's not fun at all. I'll be thinking of you!

The cake looks delicious! I've never heard of chocolate cool whip!

Lulu said...

What lovely birthday gifts you received. And I pray that you get the pain relief you are looking for tomorrow Vickie.

Betsy said...

Vickie, I will definitely be praying for you tomorrow as payout get the shots. Specifically for calmness of spirit, peace and that they will work and the pain will disappear.
What a lovely birthday pack. I've never heard of cream earl grey. It sounds wonderful and the cake looks amazing.
Blessings,
Betsy

Mouse said...

helloooo :) I have had these injections for bursa too ... and they worked for me .. took a bit to start but they worked :) try to relax ... it does help ... think of getting some lovely new stash or something :)

love the cake and the wee mug wrap is lovey ... I have one in sea green from Anne :)
love mouse xxxx

cucki said...

My dear I am thinking of you so much here..big hugs for you
The cake is looking so yummy :)
Sweet birthday gift .. Xxx

Annette-California said...

Prayers for you sweet Vickie and that all goes well at the hospital.
Beautiful birthday gifts from Anne. Love the pink crocheted cup cozy!
love Annette

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Vickie,no wonder you are anxious,I will pray for you too. I have a friend with advanced RA and she has these injections regularly,I hope they help you as much as they help her.
The gifts you received are lovely as is the picture of Mabel and Henry.Your son's cake looks delicious also.

Julie said...

That's a delicious looking cake ....yummy..happy birthday wishes to Emerson.

Nice gift the postie brought you.

Good luck with the injections, I hope and pray they do work and you can get some relief. xxx

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet little gifts from Anne :) Happy belated birthday to Emerson, the cake looks so so yummy!!! Good luck with the injections, I hope it works.

Carol said...

That Anne is such a sweetie--what lovely birthday gifts :) And that cake for Emerson looks delicious, Vickie. I never knew they used to make chocolate cool whip! Good thing or I would have been eating it by the tub full :)

I do hope you get some immediate relief with the injections--hang in there!!

Parsley said...

I really hope you feel better soon.

Maggee said...

Prayed for good results!

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous gifts and I am praying that all goes well with your procedure. Look after yourself, my dear friend.

Beth said...

Pretty gits - tea and threads and a lovely card too!

Angela said...

Lovely gift from Anne :) Hoping you will find some pain relief soon, I have heard the injections work well after a few days. Take care, thinking of you!

Brigitte said...

I hope you could get through the procedure without too much pain. I'm thinking of you.

butterfly said...

Lovely gift , for our sweet friend.
Hope your pain gets better soon Hugs & XXX

Melanie said...

**GOOD THOUGHTS for your treatments**

Michelle said...

Thinking of you my dear friend xx

Giovanna said...

I hope everything is going well... sending good thoughts. Lovely gifts from Anne, and the cake looks incredibly yummy. A belated happy 18th to your boy.

Penny said...

I'm really hoping that things went well for you with the injections. I can't imagine the kind of pain you must deal with. Keeping you in my prayers! Lovely goodies from Anne! I would have loved to see Henry modeling the cup cozy. :) And oh my goodness ~ that cake looks wonderful! Hope your son had a very happy 18th birthday!

Lumiruusu said...

Thank You for the post with the pictures of Dakota I am so interested in the nature ,history and almost everything about your beatufull home country the USA :) As you know there plenty of familyes who have roots in Scandinavia ,whose ancestors are from Sweden,Finlandor Norway. My DH also has relatives in USA ,they live in Texas. They have even once visited my MIL and FIL at the farm next to ours. You did get the lovely surprise from Canada -the blogging stitchers just are the most generous people I know.

Jennifer said...

What a sweet, thoughtful gift! And I do hope you're feeling better!

Sally said...

Wonderful gift from Anne.

I am sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers that this will work for you. Gentle hugs

Catherine said...

What sweet gifts from Anne!