Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, November 23, 2013

How About Some Henry?

Hi friends! Hope all is well in your world. Things are going pretty well around here. It is just cold outside.

I finished stitching the first of the Henry ornaments. I created little Henry in the center, but I used the 2009 JCS Ornament Issue for the border. This design is from monsterbubbles. It is called Day One. The pattern has a partridge in the center. It also has a huge pear in the upper left border. So I got out some graph paper and made the upper left corner of the pattern complete, without a pear. I also changed the dark pink to a pinkish red, and the pale pink to a peach. He may be little but he is a guy!!  I do believe I am moving Henry over to the right a few stitches on the next one.

I was flipping through the old issues of JCS Ornament Issues for ideas to finish off the Henries. I really liked the way this ornament looks. It has a cool finish to it too. You'll just have to dig out your old magazines OR wait til I get it done. ;)

I finished the little design I had planned for the other side of my snow globe. Here she is.
This sweet, little matryoshka is a freebie from Kissy-Cross. I stitched her one over one on  28ct white evenweave with DMC 815. And then I had the doh! moment. What a dope I am. She is 4 rows too high for the snow globe. =( I should have used 32ct. I thought I measured it out well.  That is classic for me. She will have to sit for a bit. I know how I would like to finish her now, but I must persist with the gift stitching. The other side of the snow globe will have to wait too for now.

Madeleine was sitting across from me the other evening at the table while I stitched the matryoshka. Madeleine was eating potato chips. THAT got Henry's interest. ;)
tee hee! He normally is laying flat out on my lap while I stitch. A lot easier to stitch without a little head in the way. ;)

I did finish House by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti last week. Pretty good story. Got to say this is the first one of Ted's that I had figured out. That has NEVER happened before. Maybe because he didn't write it alone? Not saying Frank Peretti writes poorly. I enjoy his books also, but Ted is THE best!

Have a stitchtastic weekend my friends.♥ Thanks for your kind words.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

32 comments:

Ranae said...

Sweet finishes
I wish I had a doggy sitting on my lap while I stitch
I love the Celtic snow globe in your last post

Sally said...

Lovely finishes. I love the Henry one. So cute.

Sweet photo of Henry on your knee!

cucki said...

Aww so sweet..pretty sweet stitches...
Henry I so cute..
Big hugs x

Cathy said...

Very pretty stitching. Just love your little Henry finish. And your helper is adorable.

Cathy
CraftyCat

gracie said...

Love the stitching and Henry too.

Michelle said...

Great stitched Henry and the photo if him is too cute! The little matryoshka is very sweet - can't wait to see how you finish it!

dixiesamplar said...

Sweet stitching, Vickie. And, Mr. Henry is a handsome young man...love that face!

Myra said...

That is just adorable Vickie! How creative of you to go searching for the perfect border.

KimM said...

Oh my goodliness! How SWEET!!

CalamityJr said...

Great border choice; your family will love their ornaments. The picture of Henry on your lap is so sweet. What a cutie!

Catherine said...

Sweet finishes! Love little Henry on your lap!!

Simply Victoria said...

Darling little Henry ornament.

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, Henry is soooo cute! lolol! Of course potato chips would have him popping up! lol! Love seeing how you work too. Loooove the Henry ornament. Very nice way to finish it off! Love the Matrioshka doll too. Too bad about it being too big for the snow globe. Such a bummer.

marly said...

What a sweet pose! He loves his mom!

Brigitte said...

Henry looks absolutely lovely within that border. Great idea to look for borders in your magazines.
I'm sure you will find another use for the beautifully stitched Matryoschka.

Chris said...

What great finishes! They are both wonderful!!
So sweet that you have a stitching helper :)

Carol said...

Oh, little Henry--so tiny and sweet!! I love your ornament, Vickie--great choice on the border :)

I always wondered how people with pets managed to stitch with them on their laps. My old cat was 20 pounds and it would have been difficult to stitch with him there!

Dani - tkdchick said...

A lovely personalized ornament

♥ Nia said...

It's very very cold outside! :p
Little henry looks so cute on your stitching =) lovely finishes!
Hope you're having a great weekend :)

moreofhim said...

Your Henry ornament is so perfect! I love it!

That picture of Henry on your lap while you stitch is so adorable! Oh, my - what a little sweetheart! My poodle sits with me whatever I'm doing - stitching, crocheting, reading...they are such loves.

Blessings - Julie

Maggee said...

You sure do a lot of tiny stitching! And it is always so pretty! Love that picture of Henry on your lap! Precious!

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely finishes :) Have a stitch-tastic day!

Michelle said...

Oh so sweet my friend x

butterfly said...

So sweet Vickie, love little Henry and the little doll.

Unknown said...

Aw...little Hery looks cute! :D I like the frame around.

Great finishes!

Have a nice week!

:D

Mary said...

Your Henry ornament is precious, Vickie. I love the border, too.
I could never attempt to stitch with Rosie on my lap but she does lay at my feet.

I got a kick out of Henry checking out the chips....looks familiar.

I love your snow-globe finish.
The Peace ornament is a favorite of mine, too.

Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving

Melanie said...

He really is so so adorable.
Just love the border on his piece. Definitely not girlie.
Happy Thanksgiving if I don't get to any more comments this week!!!!!!! :)

Shirlee said...

Stitched Henry & Real Henry both look adorable : ) The matryoshka is lovely too!

Lillie said...

I am sure you'll finish the ornament beautifully. Henry look so cute.

Anonymous said...

Lovely finishes!

Varla Lee said...

I love this post, beautiful matrioska and dog embroidery, but to see Henry there with you is the maximum!! Big hugs to you and your furry babies!

Jan Gartlan said...

What a lovely ornie with the poodle! You are very clever. I adore your poodle. I have to convince my hubby to get one. I love your embroidery stand. What brand is it?